- Born November 12, 1934
- Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- Walker Scott (Father)
- Kathleen Maddox (Mother)
Significant Childhood Event
- Kathleen Maddox (Mother) ran away at 15 and spent some time in jail
- Charles Manson was born to a 16 year old mother
- Mother was an alcoholic and prostitute
- Charles Manson was in and out of foster homes
- He ran back to his mother but she didn't want anything to do with him
- Married 17 year old Rosalie Willis and moved to California and had their first child.
- Rosalie and Manson got a divorce because he couldn't stay out of jail. Manson got out on probation and had his second child by another woman.
- Manson went to a boys home. He didn't really have an education because he spent most of his younger days in jail.
- Before Manson became a serial killer he had a real job. Manson was a singer/songwriter.
- “Zorba” closes at Imperial Theatre NYC after 305 performances
- Cecil Frank Powell , British physicist, dies at 65
- Troy Percival, Fontana CA, pitcher (California Angels)
- American actress and model
- She was pregnant when she died
- Born January 24,1943
It took the police several months to determine who was responsible
December 1969, Manson and several of his followers were arrested
The trial began on July 24, 1970
January 25, Manson was found guilty of first degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder
March 29, 1971 Manson was sentenced to death
Manson reprieved from the death penalty in 1972 when the California Supreme Court outlawed the death penalty
Charles Manson is currently being held in California’s Corcoran Prison
Details of the crime
- The first victim of the night was 18 year old Steven Parent. He was shot as he drove up to the house and was spotted by the intruders. Jay Sebring was shot and brutally kicked trying to defend Ms. Tate whom was stabbed to death. They stabbed Ms. Tate in the stomach and she was pregnant. Atkin's used Tate's blood to write the word "pig" on the wall.
Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
"History.com." History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2015.
Rosenberg, Jennifer. "A Profile of Convicted Serial Killer Charles Manson."About.com Education. N.p., 2015. Web.10 Dec. 2015.
Book:Bugliosi, Vincent. Helter Skelter. New York: Norton, 1974. Print.