Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
November 8, 2013
We will be continuing our unit on addition/subtraction to 20. Our learning target of: I can add and subtract to 20. We will be working on addition and subtraction facts to 20.
I do have some websites to help your child practice adding and subtracting.
Have fun talking with your child about a small moment that has happened in their life. (Not big moments like vacations.) For example: going to the park, falling off their bike, etc.
We are also learning about nouns, proper nouns, and verbs.
Also, feel free to visit my website and go to the writing tab. There are some fun games in green.
Please help your child study for the test. We will pretest the words we are studying on Tuesday. On Thursday, I will pick 4 words from our list and 2 words that are not on the list, but follow the spelling pattern for the week. There are also two sentences to practice writing.
Spelling pattern: words with an -a or -i vowel sound
Spelling words: can, big, man, hand, did, had
Sentences: The big man had a fat cat. His hand got cut on the can.
Reading / Phonics
We have started a moon observation book. Each night it will come home with a different student (this will take all month to complete). Please complete the activity inside the folder and have your child record their observation of the moon when the folder comes home on your night. Please return it the next day. If you do not return it, that will effect the next child from taking the folder home. Thanks for helping us make a book about the moon!
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- Book Fair begins the week of November 11.
- Thanksgiving dinner is Thursday, November 14. Please RSVP is you plan on attending.
- No school Friday, November 15.
- November 20 is an Early Release Day. School will dismiss at 1:15.
- No School, November 27-29 for Thanksgiving Break.
Tuesday - Art
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - PE