Famous Deaf Person by: Shanique Smith
- Chuck Baird
- Born on February 22, 1947
- Kansas City, MO
- went to the Kansas School for the Deaf. Chuck received his art education from Mrs. Bilger, and graduated in 1967. He then enrolled at Gallaudet University but transferred to the Rochester Institute of Technology, where he received his BFA in Painting in 1974.
Why is Chuck Baird famous
- Chuck Baird was a deaf artist
- his work was recognized internationally by the deaf community
Some of his art work
How did he become deaf
He was born deaf.
He showed what it was like to be deaf through his ASL art work and the beauty of the deaf culture.
- He spent his first 5 summers after NTD or National Theater of the Deaf, painting their sets.
- played as a defensive lineman on the football team