iTeach@k12 Updates, December 2015
Welcome to iTeach@k12
iTeach@k12 is an initiative that elevates our commitment to develop a culture of excellence around our teachers and intends to enhance our k12 teachers’ experience and practice. Our ultimate vision is to become a world-class employer of teachers; essentially the place where the best teachers want to work, where they chose to stay and where they are national contributors in online education.
About The Tablet
Starting with the next issue, you will find these sections:
- What's on the Whiteboard?- Updates and new information each month on iTeach initiatives and programs.
- Raise Your Hand - Opportunities for teachers to share with one another great news, shout outs or appreciations. Have a suggestion or an idea? Add that here, too.
- Application Sharing - Tips and tricks from Instructional Coaches on great teaching in our schools.
- LOL - Let's laugh a little; sharings that add a little humor and levity to your important work.
- The Recording - Missed an issue? Here's where you will find past issues.
I want to make this publication something you look forward to receiving and enjoy reading. Have an idea? Please share it at iTeach@k12.com.
Overview of iTeach
iTeach@k12 focuses on all aspects of the Teacher Life Cycle
•Secure early hire of teachers.
•Develop and roll out a defined teacher career ladder.
•Create a K12 compensation philosophy and multi-year plan that can be recommended to schools/school boards.
•Induct teachers to succeed from their first day.
•Deploy non-evaluative Instructional Coaches to strengthen and support effective teaching.
•Develop opportunities for teachers to participate and have a voice in corporate and external-based programs and decisions.
Leslye Moraski Erickson Director, School Services
I have worked for over a decade as a Head of School and have had the privilege of hiring and working with over a hundred virtual school teachers over the years. I know how hard each of you work and the value you bring to our students and families.
In my new role, I'm working to champion the needs of teachers to improve your experience and increase your effectiveness in our schools. Help me help you!