Final Shadow Day Before Applications are Due is Wed Jan 15th
Please think about who would enjoy the AFA experience and encourage them to register for a shadow day at www.fcpsartsacademy.org.
Attendance and Grade Policy Reminder
Our students are expected to adhere to the following attendance policy:
· All AFA students are expected to be on school property by 7:30am. Students who use morning transportation are expected to be at their home high schools by 7:30am to catch the morning shuttle. All staff have a list of morning shuttle riders and bus arrival times so that attendance can be taken fairly. Students who drive themselves or are dropped off must be in their classroom by 7:30am.
· Students with more than five unlawful absences in any 9‑week grading period will automatically fail for that grading period.Excessive tardiness (3 or more in a 9 week grading period) will result in administrative intervention and may result in removal from the Academy for the Fine Arts.
AFA Students must meet the following grading expectations to remain in the program:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA overall
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in AFA courses
AFA Cabaret is March 19th!
Friday December 20th
Friday January 3rd
- AFA Dance at State High School Dance Festival
Friday and Saturday Jan 10th and 11th
- AFA Theatre presents Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
Wednesday January 15th
- Final Shadow Day before applications are due
Friday January 24th
- AFA Applications due for new applicants
Tuesday January 28th
- End of Semester