Buffalo Community Bulletin
Blackshear Elementary - 2023
Message from Mrs. Baker
Hello Blackshear Families,
As we close out this Fall semester, I want to thank our amazing Blackshear community for the continued support you provide not only your child, but our teachers and our school. We are blessed with the best here at Blackshear and we know that it is your dedication and love that allow us to provide the best learning environment for our buffaloes.
We have five days of holiday dress up this week - Christmas Tree Day, Grinch Day, Elf Day, Holiday Socks Day, and Pajama Day. Students can join the fun if they would like!
Reach out to admin team if you have questions, concerns, or celebrations. We are here for our Blackshear community!
Ms. Ashley Baker - Principal - email@example.com
Dr. Kara Czepiel - Assistant Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Teresa Rafeek - Assistant Principal - email@example.com
We use REMIND to regularly communicate with families. If you have not been getting the weekly messages, please make sure to join now. BLACKSHEAR REMIND LINK
Please reach out if you need anything firstname.lastname@example.org
12/13 - McTeacher Night - Gleannloch location - 5:00 - 8:00
12/14 - Holiday Class Parties 9:00 AM - Room Parents Only
12/14 - Blackshear Choir & Percussion Concert - 6:00 PM
12/18-1/2 - Winter Break - No School
Congratulations to one of our amazing buffalo artist, Angely Khy!
Angely Khy, 2nd Grade, in Mrs Leibelsperger’s class, was 1 of 4 elementary students chosen to represent Klein ISD at the Capital art Show.
Shoutout to our 4th graders for an amazing Holiday Musical!
Thank you to Mrs. McEntyre and Mr. Olivo!
Our ACCESS Students had a blast at HEB for their community based learning!
Sign Up for Watch D.O.G.S.
Calling all Dads, Step-Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, and male guardians: Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) wants you! Even if you missed our Watch D.O.G.S. kickoff meeting last week, it's not too late to join us. Just click the following link to register. We'll be in touch with details about the program and how you can get involved. It'll be the highlight of your kid's year!! Register here: https://forms.gle/Kjp5TDCbpuUjnkpRA
Is there an Amazing Blackshear Staff member you'd like to celebrate?
Celebrate Birthdays and Support with Spirit Items
Purchase the Student Birthday Banner on School Cash
Email email@example.com with Students Name, Birthdate, Student Photo (no larger than 4X6) and Personal Birthday Message
Payment and Information must be received at least one week in advance
Show Your School Spirit!
Available through School Cash
Blackshear Spirit Stickers NEW 23-24:
Blackshear Spirit Signs NEW 23-24:
Items will be delivered to students on Friday’s
Blackshear 2023-2024 Fundraiser
Proceeds to replace classroom furniture for all grades
Literacy Parent Engagement Events - Click Image
Arrival - Doors open at 7:45
Doors will open at 7:45 for all students, please do not leave your child unsupervised before this time. Please review the procedures for drop off and reach out with any questions.
Car Rider Drop Off:
- Use Red Lot ONLY
- Follow staff direction for the safety of all.
- Drive through lanes, pull all the way up to stop sign.
- Cars will split into TWO lanes at the last turn, by the buffalo statue.
- Students stay in car until all cars are stopped in the drop off zone.
- Parents do not move car to leave until stop sign drops.
- NO walk up parents.
- Please do not release students from your car until 7:45
Bike locks needed
We have seen an increase in bikes and scooters being taken from Blackshear racks. One had been left over the night/weekend, one during the day. Klein PD is aware of this concern but we are asking that students start securing their bike or scooter so that we can make sure they have them when they go home.
Parents must walk in to sign students in if dropping off after 8:10
Breakfast and Lunch
We encourage families to apply for Free and Reduced Meals, by visiting https://www.schoolcafe.com/KLEINISD and complete the application.
Blackshear Lunch Visitor Days 2023-2024
Kindergarten - Monday
4tht grade and 1st Grade - Tuesday
2nd Grade - Wednesday
Pre - K and 3rd Grade - Thursday
5th Grade - Friday
ALL visitors must check in in the front office. Please bring ID to receive your temporary badge.
Please read below for Birthday/Celebration Snack Policy
- Students should be walking/riding off property, NOT to a car in the parking lot. The only cars moving in our parking lots at dismissal are following the car rider procedures.
- PreK - 1st grade walkers will be held in the student area until their parent comes to pick them up. Parent will need to have the transportation Tag or photo of it to pick up child from walker area.
- 2nd-5th Grade Walkers will be escorted from the building and walked to the crossing guards by a Blackshear teacher.
- Please keep pets at a distance from students on property. An accidental bite or scratch can be a liability for Blackshear.
If you are driving to pick up your child, we encourage all parents to use the car rider line and orange tags. It is safe, organized, and has become more efficient with practice.
If you choose to park off campus, please follow these safety measures:
- state law states that you cannot park within 30 feet of a stop sign.
- parking in front of a drive way is liable to be towed or ticketed.
- pedestrians, especially our amazing students, always have the right of way
- drive slower than the posted speed limit to be able to keep watch for students
- Please pull in the middle of the lane when turning into parking lot to get in line.
- Every car rider must have a Car Rider number and tags. Please attach small tag to your child's backpack to help us find car tag numbers quickly while students are still learning their car tag numbers. If you need a tag, you can come up to the front office to get one or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the front office, we will deliver one to your child.
Parents who pick EC/ACCESS students up in bus lot must have a YELLOW SIGN to park in bus lot. All other parents picking up students in a car will need to get in car rider line and get a Orange tag. Thank you for following our dismissal procedures.
Sign up for Peach Jar to get digital Flyers
Peachjar partners with school districts to help keep parents more informed about important school updates and community resources. Blackshear communicates upcoming Campus Events, Spirit Nights and more through PeachJar.
Sign up at: https://www.peachjar.com/