Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
June 5, 2019
There have been a lot of tornados this past week and from the footage, that we have all seen, they are devastating.
We may remember some in Oklahoma a few years back. At the time several of us were working with some of the Homeless in Dallas, in a fellowship called "The Gathering". We took about 8 or more of our members to assist in the recovery process.
We showed up "the homeless, helping the homeless". What an experience it was for us. We walked the neighborhoods and helped where we could. I remember one of our brothers who knocked on a door and a woman answered and just asked if he could cut her lawn. Others of us picked up trash and did other little things as we could.
We were put up in a shelter and we showered at the local L.A. Fitness Center. The looks on the faces and the tears that came into the eyes of those we helped, especially when they learned who we were, touched us all.
It reminded me that "LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT" and " WE ARE ALL IN THIS THING CALLED LIFE TOGETHER"
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—3rd Sunday of each month—11:30am
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile