March 21, 2016
Mark Your Calendars
Monday, March 21
- BOE Meeting @ Ackerson, 6:00 pm
Tuesday, March 22
- Jennifer and Erica at Modern Teacher (all day)
Thursday, March 24
- Class Color Day
Friday, March 25
- NO SCHOOL -- GOOD FRIDAY
And Next Week...
Monday-Thursday, March 28-31
- Hunger Game Tickets Being Sold
Tuesday, March 29
- Eligibility Due
Wednesday, March 30
- Middle School Variety Show, 6:30 pm
Thursday, March 31
- Delayed Start Bell Schedule (for the variety show--see information below)
- Variety Show, 8:25 - 9:40 am
- Parent-Teacher Conferences, 5-8 pm
Friday, April 1
- End of the 3rd Marking Period
- Hunger Games (See Schedule Below)
- 9:10 LOCKDOWN DRILL
Monday - Friday, April 4-8
- SPRING BREAK
FROM THE OFFICE
- "Mid-Year" teacher evaluation meetings are being scheduled. Look for invites... Click here to see what topics we'll be discussing. I'll be sure to have two observations completed before we meet.
- The spring NWEA testing window is open and goes through April 12. MSTEP begins on April 13. You can sign up here.
- Just because we aren't doing Olweus lessons at the moment, that doesn't mean that the work the bully prevention committee goes by the wayside. Did you know that unless the behavior is egregious, the principal's or counselor's office is not the first step in addressing bullying behavior? Take a moment to review the bullying behavior rubric so that you know what to do when issues are reported to you.
- Preparing for MSTEP: the most critical first step to take? Review the manual, specifically the section on Test Administrators.
- Mrs. Baskins and I are slightly changing the way we do 8th grade teacher of the year. We are actually asking students to conduct two votes: favorites from each grade level, and then a 2nd survey to select the top teacher from the four years. This will hopefully put 5/6 teachers back on the radar. Let's see how it works!
- Hunger Game Schedule on 4/1:
- 5th Grade (3rd Hour)
- 6th Grade (5th Hour)
- 7th/8th Grade (6th Hour)
- If interested, you can view the short presentation on Washington, DC that I'm giving to the board tonight by clicking here.
- Printing / Copying: We have student cadets working in the media center during last hour. Bonus - if you need something copied, let them do the work. Drawback - you may not want to print anything confidential to the media center work room during 6th hour.
- The schedule for the variety show on 3/31 will be as follows:
- Students report to advisory class, teachers take attendance.
- Students and classes report to the cafeteria when called over the PA.
- The variety show will last until approximately 9:40 am.
1st Hour: 9:53 - 10:35
2nd Hour: 10:39 - 11:21
Lunch A (5/6): 11:21 - 11:51
3rd Hour (7/8): 11:25 - 12:08
Lunch B (7/8): 12:08 - 12:38
3rd Hour (5/6): 11:55 - 12:38
4th Hour: 12:42 - 1:25
5th Hour: 1:29 - 2:12
6th Hour: 2:16 - 2:58
- Dream more, learn more, become more!
- Critical information - phone extensions, schedules, timelines, emergency drills, etc.
- Text alerts through Remind - text @mms5678 to the number 81010.
Manchester Middle School
Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
Manchester Community Schools, in partnership with parents and community, use best practices to develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in all students to ensure they are future ready.
To provide a secure, challenging learning environment which will empower all students to achieve their greatest potential. The MMS team joins the parents and community to assist students in developing skills necessary to become successful, responsible, contributing citizens.