Naiades Oncology Rowing
Cancer Survivors Rowing for Recovery
A LOT to BE GRATEFUL FOR:
We had great opportunity for some sight seeing and spectacular views of our Rochester region this past rowing season:
A Surprise Rowing Season Farewell
On Tuesday October 19th, 2021, Naiades Rowers had a huge surprise. We received a heartfelt season farewell from the Mercy Crew Team (below)at Genesee Waterway Center, as we were cleaning, derigging and storing our boats for the winter. Mercy smiles and well wishes made the job so much easier! We're looking forward to seeing you again Mercy Crew Team in 2022! Thank you for your support!
Time to Celebrate!
To Help Keep Us in Top Rowing Condition
Winter Workouts starting in January through April 2022 will include Circuit/Core Training and Erging at Genesee Waterways Center (GWC), and plans for Indoor Erging and Rowing in the Tanks at the Pittsford Indoor Rowing Center (PIRC).
If your interested in joining us please email Program@NaiadesOncologyRowing.com for additional details.
Meet Avery Another One of Our Coxswains:
Please Don't Forget:
On Monday November 1st, 2021, Naiades Oncology Rowing Board sent out a survey to all our readers. The purpose of the survey is to find out: how we can reach more potential rowers; improve programming; and increase community awareness and support for our organization.
Special thanks to all who may have already taken the survey!
Also a friendly reminder to those who have not yet taken the survey. We’d appreciate it if you would take a few minutes to complete the survey below within the next few days. Approximate time to fill out is less than 8 minutes. The survey will be closed out November 15th at noon:
Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P2T2BYT
& ROC the Day with Naiades on November 30th!
ROC the Day is a secure 24 hour on line event that gives people in our community opportunity to support non for profit organizations in our region.
Naiades Oncology Rowing, Inc.'s page for ROC the Day on November 30, 2021 can be found at https://roctheday.org/NaiadesOncologyRowingInc
We greatly appreciate any assistance you can give!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to YOU & YOURS from NAIADES ROWING ONCOLOGY:
How to Add More Tribute Names:
Browse Our Naiades Oncology Rowing Website & Facebook Page for Current and Future Information!
Learning to row is hard work, yet a rewarding and FUN sport! Take a look at our info below:
- Brochure: http://www.naiadesoncologyrowing.com/about.html
Website www.naiadesoncologyrowing.com/ Home Page
Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/naiadesoncologyrowing/
Why Come Row with Us??? because we are about:
- Offering programs that appeal to individuals with all levels of rowing experience.
- Rowing with others who have faced the challenges of cancer.
- Having coaches who understand the uniqueness of our team and coach to our mission/goals.
- You're setting and accomplishing your own personal and team goals.
- Promoting an amazing and healing environment, leaving cancer behind one stroke at a time.
- Getting involved in Regattas as a fun way to work together to get to the finish line demonstrating progress in recovery.
- Offering accommodations for many post-treatment limitations.
- The water is magical, healing and enchanting, releasing your mind to a bigger purpose within nature.
To Include Others in Our Newsletter Mailings: Please email their names to firstname.lastname@example.org to get them on our list! Thank you!