Also, please congratulate our 7th grade basketball team as they have advanced to the conference championship game on Tuesday at North Side gym.
6th grade PLTW students built hovercrafts. Ask them about it.
My Genius is......
8th and 6th grade can look forward to this activity with their advisory students.
Tomi's art club students come through again and provide some holiday cheer for our building.
Twitter (Social Media)
If you get some time over the break, I recommend setting up a twitter account and begin to build your PLN (professional learning network).
There are so many great ideas and articles shared through this social media platform. Try it out. If you want to learn more about how to use twitter, please let me know. Consider following these Twitter feeds....
Also, don't forget to "like" or "follow" the SMS sites linked below.
We will continue with the Team Building exercise over the next several advisory periods. Wanda will place the materials in teacher mailboxes. If you classes are taking the technology survey, please try to get them started right away.
12/16: 7th: Education and Technology Survey, 8th: Team building exercise, 6th: HAC CHECK/Read/Monitor Goals
12/18: 8th: Education and Technology Survey, 6th: Team building exercise, 7th: HAC CHECK/Read/Monitor Goals
K-12 Students (password = penn1 ) Survey can be accessed on the P-H-M Homepage under Hot Topics.
We will be sending home Blizzard folders on Thursday to any student who made this request.
Also, I would advise all teachers to at least explain the 1st eLearning assignment for your content area to students in the event that we have a snow day when we return from break.
Articles Worth Reading
3 Peaks and 3 Pits of Standards-Based Grading
The Value of a Pointless Education
The "Participation" Grade
If you have something great to share about a colleague, please do so on this document.
1. Please make sure that you discuss the referral with the student before submitting.
2. If conducting a referral that does not go through the four step process, you should still make contact with the parent the day you submit the referral. This contact will help keep the parents informed of the process.
3. If conducting a referral for an infraction that does go through the four step process, please include the dates and the teacher actions taken. This can be done in the notes section of where you type the incident details.
4. If you are submitting your first electronic referral, feel free to email Mr. McMillen and Mr. Miller to make sure that it has been submitted correctly.
5. If you are having difficulty submitting referrals or recording classroom issues, please review the video tutorials one more time. If it is still confusing, arrange a time for Mr. Miller to walk you through the process. Student Services will no longer accept hand written referrals.
6. Finally, please remember that communicating with Mr. McMillen and Mr. Miller is a critical step in this process.
School Messenger and Delays/Cancellations
To ensure PHM has accurate information, please update your personal contact information on the form below. The information you provide will be used when PHM sends notifications of school delays and cancellations.