Impact of Home Schooling!
College of Dupage/Fall 2015 by Lateefah Steward
Prepared for: Elizabeth Anderson/English 1102
Millions of children are home schooled across the world.. Parents have been home schooling their children since the 1900's and the numbers are increasing. Some parents believe that they are protecting their children from the negative traps in the world. They believe that home schooling will shield their children from drugs, sexually immorality, alcohol, and other bad influences.
Home schooling is a growing interest and is an important decision that affects the entire family. Their are children with special needs and home schooling is more suitable for them. What ever the reason maybe, parents are able to give their children this one-on-one teaching with love and care.
According to the statistics listed it is also a sacrifice for families finances, as they may experience a income cut to home school their children.
1. How are home schooled children performing academically?
2. Are they social misfits like people perceive?
3. Do they have better moral beliefs than those public schooled?
4. How are the homeschooled children impacted emotionally and socially?
5. How well do they transition into adulthood?