What's New in Ms. Jackson's Class?
Progress reports and Grades are coming
How to access Infinite Campus (or parent portal)
- Go to the school's website
- Click "parents"
- on the drop down choose "parent portal"
- The district ID is: SVXQFS
- Username: Student ID #
- Password: (1st initial)(Last initial)birthdate----Example: lj080201
This Saturday 9/12, go to the Simpsonville Festival to see our kiddos make Collins Proud!
October 5th: NO SCHOOL
WMS Football home games: September 22nd & 29th.
Leaders Invested with Families for Tomorrow (L.I.F.T.) Meeting
Tuesday, Sep. 15th, 6:30pm
2015 Washington Street
This meeting will accomplish the following:
- introduce the New Principal
- introduce guests speakers
- provide college & career readiness information
- provide minority scholarship information
- have an open question and answer session
Student Stars for the Month of September
She is very intelligent. She loves to participate in class activities. She is not shy about sharing her knowledge with those around her. She is a silent leader because she models good behavior in all that she does.
He is a very smart and charismatic guy. He is always quick to raise his hand and share his knowledge with his peers. He is often smiling and spreading joy to those around him. He also helps those near by to understand class materials.
He is a very clever student. He is often the last person in the room helping to put up chairs or pick up trash. He always delivers great work on assignments as well. He enjoys working with others and always leaves a positive impression on those who encounter him.
Congratulations to all on a job well done!!! Looking forward to choosing 4 more awesome kiddos next month!
What are we learning in History right now?
- A quiz every Friday to track the progress of our growth. All quizzes can be retaken a maximum of 2 times to improve scores.
- Discussion on every Thursday. Here at Collins we believe that talking out loud about different topics is an excellent way to grow our learning. It is very important to be able to articulate our ideas and be able to learn through the understanding of others.
- The students do the work! The students have the resources and ability to find information so that the teacher does not need to stand up front and talk AT the students. Instead, students gather information on their own and then Ms. Jackson has them apply that information to something. It is more than just facts. It is about learning to use what we know to figure out something new!!
Success Tip of September: Go to make-up Thursdays!
Thursday, Sep. 10th, 3:30-5pm
Ms. Jackson's classroom (510)
This app offers rewards and prizes to students who are successful in school! These are things your kids want like concert tickets and discounts from the coolest places! Check out the details by clicking the button above!