Encouraging Writing Across Content Areas
- Why is it important that we have students writing in all content areas?
- Why do you think research supports the connection between writing and content retention?
- What are is the most difficult to incorporate writing?
Start with the standards... Look at your PAs...
Choose a RAFT
Math Attack! by J.Horton- Online Read Aloud (Ms.M)
- Reinforces academic vocabulary
- Connects right brain/left brain thinking
- Formative assessment to help drive instruction
Allowing students time to let their thinking become visible gives them invaluable reflection time and serves as a bridge to mastery of key concepts.
Students summarize and identify key points about a historical person, place or landmark.
- George Washington
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Abraham Lincoln
- Battle of the Alamo
- Ellis Island
- The White House