- Meet the Counselor- We introduce ourselves and go over what a counselor is and what we do. We remind students that we work with students individually, in small groups, and do classroom lessons! We also go over how to request a counselor visit and leave the counselor request forms in the teacher's rooms.
If you have a student who you would like us to check in on, please let us know!
- Kelso's choices- Every year, we get a special visitor here at Hill, who goes by the name of Kelso! Kelso, who happens to be a frog, is an excellent problem solver. He reminds the students at Hill Elementary how to decide if something is a small problem, that can be handled on their own, or a big problem, that needs an adult to help. If it's a small problem, he goes over nine choices that may be able to help! Check out the poster below to see his ideas!
Announcement and Important Dates
September 1st- Leadership Team Applications due
September 4th- No school! Happy Labor Day!
September 7th- Back to School Night 1st-5th
September 22nd- Sock Hop
September 25th- No school / Parent conferences
Family Connection Challenge
Monthly theme: Am I enough?
As a caregiver, this question seems to be ever present in our minds. Balancing work and family is challenging and at times can seem impossible. Sometimes it’s hard to feel like we are succeeding at any one thing. If we devote ourselves to work, our family suffers, and if we focus on our family, our livelihood is at risk. How we feel about ourselves can seriously impact our wellness. When this question plagues us, it tends to increase our stress level. And we may constantly feel the need to be someone that we are not. This self-doubt and guilt can be crippling.
- Be honest and open with your child about your responsibilities
- Set aside days and times to spend quality time with your child
- Allow yourself to be fully present during quality time and limit distractions
You are not alone! Here is an activity to try: "Stop that stinking thinking!" Stop questioning who you are! Stop trying to prove to the world that you are enough. Guess what!? YOU ARE! Know your value! You are the only person in the whole wide world that is perfectly you. That is more than enough! Allow yourself to let go of the doubt and fear. You are doing the best you can!