2021-2022 - Monday, December 13 - Special Edition
From the Principal:
A Special Edition of the Collins Cadence!
We have extended our food drive until Wednesday 12/15 - all donations benefit our Woodlands community and Interfaith. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
Spirit Night at Black Walnut is Tuesday 12/14 - please help support the Collins PTO and students.
Friday 12/17 is a half day and student dismissal begins at 12:50 p.m. Please communicate early and often with your child regarding how they will get home that day.
The Cobra Council Student Voice committee has created a way to celebrate teachers each month. Please see the 5th and 6th links to the nomination forms.
Food Drive Extended until Wednesday 12/15/21
NEW - Second 2022-2023 CALENDAR SURVEY
Conroe ISD is seeking public input on the 2022-2023 school calendar. The CISD District-Level Planning and Decision-Making Committee (DLPDMC) is responsible for developing the 2022-2023 school calendar and has developed three drafts for the community to review. Feedback may be submitted from Friday, November 19, 2021, through 8:00 a.m. on Monday, January 3, 2022 via the survey below. The DLPDMC will then review all feedback and make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees at their Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- Students are considered tardy if not in classroom seat by the 8:50 tardy bell
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
Link to sign up as lunch visitor: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f49a5a929a7f9c34-collins
Front Office Times:
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:30 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:30 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:35 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Collins Food Drive (benefiting Interfaith of The Woodlands) Extended through Wednesday 12/15/21
Tuesday, December 14th
- Spirit Night at Black Walnut
Friday, December 17th
- Student Early Dismissal 12:50 PM
- Last Day of Second Grading Period
- Referrals for GT Testing Due to Mrs. Cucinotta
Monday, December 20th - Tuesday, January 4th
- Winter Break
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of Second Semester
Thursday, January 13th
- 6th Advanced Math Parent Info Meeting for Incoming 7th Grade 6:30 PM Collins Gym
Would you like to recognize a teacher who goes the extra mile and is making a difference? Parents and students can submit this form acknowledging their favorite teacher! Teacher of the Month was set up by the Student Voice committee from Cobra Council. Our first round of winners will be acknowledged in January on KCOL, and each month you will have a chance to cast another vote for the next Teacher of the Month. Thank you for participating!
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to www.collinsmembershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
In addition to our 2021-2022 spiritwear shirts (shown above), we now have “vintage” spirit wear available to purchase on the webstore! You don’t want to miss out on some great deals!
Yearbooks on Sale NOW!
Calling all PTO Volunteers!
Calling all Volunteers! Fill out the google form using the link below to let the PTO know your availability and areas of interest.
Referral requests are now open for the Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Although the testing will not take place until late January, referral requests are accepted at this time. Referral requests can be made by the parents and/or campus staff. If you are interested in referring your child, you are welcome to discuss this with your child’s LC teachers. Referrals will be accepted through December 17, 2021.
CLICK HERE to access the referral. Please place the completed referral in an envelope to the attention of Amanda Cucinotta and have your student turn it into the front office.
Wednesday, January 5th
- First Day of the Second Semester
Monday, January 17th
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - School Holiday
Thursday, January 28th
- Club and Group Picture Day
- Spring Individual Picture Day
Friday, February 18th - Monday, February 21st
- Student Holiday (President's Day 2/21/22)
Thursday, March 10th
- End of Third Grading Period
Friday, March 11th - Friday, March 18th
- Spring Break
Friday, April 15th - Monday, April 18th
- School Holiday
Tuesday, May 10th
- 6th STAAR Math
- 5th STAAR Math Retest
Wednesday, May 11th
- 6th STAAR Reading
- 5th STAAR Reading Retest
Thursday, May 12th
- 5th STAAR Science
- 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Friday, May 13th
- 5th and 6th STAAR Test Make-Up
Thursday, May 26th
- Last Day of School - Student Early Dismissal
- End of Fourth Grading Period
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.