Rising Strong Workshop™ based on…
May 21, 2016- May 22, 2016
Rising Strong™ Workshop is based on years of groundbreaking research of Brené Brown. If we are brave, we will inevitably fall. Her research unfolded how people find the strength and courage to rise strong.
Beth Jaeger-Skigen is a licensed therapist, workshop leader, relationship expert, and organizational consultant with over twenty years of experience.Over the course of the weekend, Beth will guide you through a three part whole-hearted and transformative path. The Rising Strong ™ Workshop will includepsycho-educational exploration, experiential exercises, videos from Brené Brown created specifically for Rising Strong™ participants, and an opportunity for personal reflections in asafe, supportive, and stunning setting.
THIS WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED TO ADDRESS YOUR RELATIONSHIPS, PERSONAL GOALS, SPIRITUAL PATH, CREATIVE, OR PROFESSIONAL LIFE
* Would you like to increase your capacity for joy, gratitude, contentment, stillness and creativity?
* Do you find your inner critic running the show?
* Would you like strategies for getting back up after a fall or setback in a personal and/or professional relationship?
* Do you want to cultivate the courage to go the extra mile?
* Are you tired of hustling for acceptance fromothers?
* Do you want to demonstrate compassion and empathy to deepenyour connection to others?
* Are you able to embrace your imperfections and find the power in doing so?
* Are you ready to embrace the power of your own life story?
Rising Strong™ is based on the simple physics of vulnerability: If we are brave enough, often enough,we will fall.Thisis a program about what it takes toget back upand how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle can be our greatest call to courage and the clearest path to a wholehearted life.
By participating in this Rising Strong™ Workshop, you will have the opportunity to explore how to live bravely every day by showing up in the arenas of your life and relationships to become the best, most authentic version of you. The method is designed for work with individuals, couples, work teams, and organizational leaders. It can be facilitated in clinical, educational, corporate and professional settings.
The Rising Strong™ Workshop:
* Continental breakfast both mornings
* A specialized workbook designed for Rising Strong™ participants
* Coffee, tea, spa infused water, organic and healthy snacks served throughout the day
* Picnic lunches catered from local bay area restaurants
* Wine and cheese social time by the fireplace Saturday evening from 5-7
* Psychologist Consultants trained in Brené Brown’s work will be available to participants for the weekend
* Social mixer with participants, Beth, and psychologist consultants trained in Brené Brown’s work
Where is The Rising Strong™ Workshop located?
The workshop will be held at the Inn at the Presidio in San Francisco. This is an award winning boutique hotel in the Heart of the Presidio. It is a national park site and National Historic Landmark at the Golden Gate. Inn at the Presidio offers an authentic historic experience and exceptional recreational opportunities in a setting of immense natural beauty. The historic hotel in San Francisco is located at Pershing Hall, an elegant home for bachelor officers when the Presidio was a U.S. Army post. The Georgian Revival-style building has been restored as a guest lodge.
If you would like to stay overnight, contact (415) 800-7356 for reservations.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is parking available for $7 a day. You can purchase your parking pass from the lobby on the morning of the workshop. If you need transportation arranged for you from the airport or from another Bay Area location, contact The Inn and the Presidio (415)-800-7356 and they will arrange for a car for you.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Beth@therapistsf.org or call 415-317-4893
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ method is based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. LMSW. Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past thirteen years studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame. Her groundbreaking research has been featured on PBS, NPR, CNN, and Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul Sunday. Brené is the author of three #1New York Times Bestsellers; Gifts of Imperfection:Let Go of Who you Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are (2010), Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead(2012), Rising Strong: The Reckoning, The Rumble, The Revolution (2015). She is also the author ofI Thought It Was Just Me (2007). Brené Brown's 2010 TEDx Houston talk “The Power of Vulnerability” is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 25 million viewers. Additionally, Brené gave the closing talk at the 2012 TED conference where she talked about shame, courage, and innovation.
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com