ARCADE MIDDLE SCHOOL - WEEK OF AUGUST 28, 2022
School Pictures on Monday, August 29th During PE Classes
Picture Day is scheduled for Monday, August 29th!
Go to http://www.campuscolorstudios.com/
Select Order School Pictures
Select ARCADE FALL 2022-2023
Select your package
Questions? Call (916)749-1026 and select Option 1 or email email@example.com
ALL students will be photographed and receive an ID Card at no charge.
It's Spirit Week at Arcade!
CAASPP Student Score Report Notification to Families
On Tuesday, August 23rd, you should have received an email, explaining that your child’s CAASPP Student Score Report is now available in the Q Parent Portal.
The email contained two attachments:
- Understanding Student Score Reports for CAASPP and ELPAC (linked below) - This flier explains what the CAASPP and ELPAC assessments are and which grade levels are assessed. The flier also provides a link to ca.startingsmarter.org which has specific information about the student score reports and review sample assessment questions if you would like to learn more about the test.
- Accessing CAASPP Score Reports in Q Parent Portal - This gives step-by-step directions explaining how to access the electronic score reports.
Please read the flyer below for more information on Understanding Student Score Reports for CAASPP and ELPAC
Join the Arcade Safety Team
This year our Safety Team will be focusing on safety improvements and preparations for the new build. Since construction will start in the next few months, many new procedures will be needed around the school. Joining this team will give you an active voice in how we can better protect our students and the school community. While all community members are welcome to drop in to any Safety Team meeting, we are looking for a designated Parent Representative and Student Representative who are members of the team.
Safety Team meets once a month in the mornings before school to discuss our current safety plan and make any safety related changes or updates. The meetings will be held in Room 1 on the last Wednesday of each month from 7:15 - 7:45 A.M., starting on August 31st.
Please email Mr. Tateishi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the team as a Parent Representative or a Student Representative.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO FAMILIES FOR FOLLOWING PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF ROUTES!
Arcade Students Are Not Allowed on Mira Loma Campus During School Hours
Please remind your students they can not go on other school campuses while school is in session. Thank you for helping support our other San Juan campuses!
Covid Testing Available for Students at Arcade
Face coverings are still required in the Covid testing area.
Please make sure you pre-register your student before coming to test: www.sanjuan.edu/preregister
Please call to make an arrangement to have your student tested.
This testing is for San Juan Unified School District students and staff only.
School Picture Order Form
PE CLOTHES ON SALE
Items that will be on sale:
Shirts - $8.00
Shorts - $10.00
Bags - $8.00
Locks - $6.00
Sweatshirts - $25.00
Sweatpants - $15.00
Sports Pack (includes a shirt, shorts, a bag, and a lock) - $30.00
Complete Set (includes all 6 items) - $60.00
BREAKFAST SERVICE BEGINS EACH MORNING AT 7:40 AM
Breakfast and Lunch Remain Free to All Students
Students must simply enter their Student ID numbers in order to get a free school breakfast or lunch. Please encourage your student to start memorizing their Student ID number, so that the cafeteria line moves as quickly as possible. Students can find their Student ID numbers on their schedules, along with their lunch assignment (1st Lunch or 2nd Lunch).
Students are assigned 1st or 2nd Lunch based on their 4th period teacher. Students who have 1st Lunch go to lunch before attending their 4th period class, while students who have 2nd Lunch go to lunch after their 4th period class. The lunch assignments by teacher are available by clicking on the red button below.
For example, if a student has Mr. Androlowicz for 4th period, they will have 1st Lunch, and they will go to lunch before attending Mr. Androlowicz's class. If a student has Mr. Alvarez for 4th period, they are assigned 2nd Lunch, and they will go to lunch after attending Mr. Alvarez's class.
Lunch assignments can be confusing, so all 3rd period teachers will review the process with students on the first few days of school to help ensure that all students go to lunch and their 4th period class at the proper times.
Middle School Lunch and Breakfast Menus
San Juan Unified is partnering with Sacramento Food Bank for a monthly food distribution!
Location: District Office, 3738 Walnut Ave, Carmichael 95608
Entrance will be on the gate off of Gibbons Dr.
Date: Wednesday, August 31
Time: 2-4 PM
For more information,please contact (916) 979-8877
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Pre-registration is encouraged by using the QR code attached to flyer
Walk-ins are welcome!
SJUSD Parent Portal provides parents and families with easy and timely access to student information. You can access the SJUSD Parent Portal in one of three ways:
1. If you have a valid email address on file and are listed as the mother, father, or guardian for your student(s) without any directory restriction, click on the "Need Your Login Information?" link and an email will be automatically sent to you with your PIN and Password.
2. If you are listed as the mother, father, or guardian for your student(s) and do not have any directory restriction, but are not able to access email, please visit your school site or the Technology Services SIS HelpDesk, which is located at 5133 Engle Road, Carmichael, CA 95608 for assistance.
3. You may also request the information be sent to you by sending an email to email@example.com. Please indicate your name, school that your student(s) attend, and their name(s). This request will be passed along to your school and they will follow up with you.
In order to protect student confidential information in accordance with Federal and State regulations, parents must provide student name, birth date, and school of enrollment, and present a valid ID in person.
Click here for a quick tutorial guide.
To learn more about our Parent Portal, view our online resources.
ARCADE MIDDLE SCHOOL OFFICE
- Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing
- Attendance Phone Number: 916-971-7300 ext. 1