Lion Pride Updates
3/19/21 Volume 2 (29)
Traditional Instructional Schedule
Hello, Lakeview families~
As you have heard, Lakeview will be returning to full day starting April 19th thanks to the improvement in the COVID-19 data.
We are glad to have you back full day, whether in person or on zoom. We would love to see you in person, but we understand if you need to continue on zoom.
For those of you who are new, last year's schedule was:
- SDC Preschool Early Cubs 7:50-11:50
- SDC Preschool Late Cubs 9:30-1:34 (Early Release Wed- 9:30 - 1:15)
- Preppy K Early Cubs 7:50 - 11:10
- Preppy K Late Cubs 9:30-12:50
- K~5th 7:50 - 2:15 (Early Release Wed- 7:50 - 1:15)
These times will be the same for this year, unless factors unknown to me arise. I am currently working on the details and will update you with updated communication on Wednesday. I would appreciate you choosing the instructional model as soon as possible. This gives me more information so that I can plan accordingly.
The greatest question/concern brought up has been regarding the extended classrooms. Currently, I do not anticipate the need for this because Lakeview is blessed with large classrooms.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and support as we increase instructional time for our students.
To choose your student(s) instructional model for the remainder of the school year in Aeries, please do the following:
- Login to the Aeries Parent Portal with a Parent Account at https://portal4.pylusd.org.
- Choose Student Info > Data Confirmation.
- Click on the “Authorizations Section,” scroll to the bottom, and select “Yes” or “No” in response to the Choice for In-Person or Remote Learning and click “Save.”
If you need assistance accessing the Aeries Parent Portal, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 714-985-8733 or via email at email@example.com.
Congratulations, Science Fair Winners!
PK: 1st place: Caroline Benjamin
1st Grade: 1st place: Zachary Lukehart, 2nd place: Caroline Sabio, 3rd place: Derek Park
2nd Grade: 1st place: Kaya Surti, 2nd place: Lennox Marquez, 3rd place: Maxwell Benjamin
3rd Grade: 1st place: Reza Jehan, 2nd place: Henry Sypherd, 3rd place: Jackson Lukehart
4th Grade: 1st place: Prianka Sheth, 2nd place: Suraiya Sheth, 3rd place: Lila Park
5th Grade: 1st place: Isabella Dominici, 2nd place: Maya Udeshi, 3rd place: Joyce and Grace Yang
"Paper"- Live Tutoring 24/7 for 3rd-5th
Parent info-sessions: We have two more upcoming parent info-sessions as follows:
- Session #2 - English: March 24th @ 6pm PST
- Session #3 - Español: March 25th @ 4pm PST
zoom links are in the email.
Important Dates (Every Week: College Wear Wednesday and Spirit wear Friday)
4/7, 4/28, 5/19, 6/9- Band/Strings In-Person Office Hours from 1 - 2 PM in front of MPR
3/20- March Equinox- Welcome spring!
3/22- PTA Association Meeting @ 2:30 (zoom link is in the email)
3/29 ~ 4/2- Spring Break
Click here for School Calendar./