James Hart School Update
March 14, 2021
HYBRID LEARNING REMINDERS
2) Students must bring a charged school laptop to school each day. We have very limited opportunities for students to charge devices during the school day.
3) Cell phones need to stay in backpacks and purses, powered off (or with the ringer off). Students are not allowed to wear headphones outside of class requirements (hallways, etc).
4) Dress code reminders:
- All bottoms must be worn at the waist.
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts must be mid-thigh length or longer.
- Ripped jeans will require leggings or shorts if higher than mid-thigh is exposed.
- Clothing must be worn as it was designed to be worn.
- Clothing and/or jewelry with inappropriate and/or offensive materials cannot be worn: a. items which promote alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements b. items which display obscene, vulgar, or profane words, phrases, or pictures c. items which promote superiority or are discriminatory toward another group d. items which promote violence
- No slippers. Sleepwear/pajama bottoms can only be worn during Spirit Week.
- Sunglasses, unless required for eye problems, cannot be worn in the building.
- Hats, sports headbands, and/ or headwear (hoods) are not to be worn or by students during the school day except for religious or medical reasons.
- Headbands/bandanas must be rolled and not cover the entire head.
- Undergarments may not be visible.
- Shirts must cover both shoulders with at least a two-inch strap. Shirts must cover the back of shoulder blades (no racerback tanks). Male students who wear sleeveless tanks or jerseys must wear a shirt with sleeves underneath the garment.
- Clothing that is suggestive or indecent is not allowed, including, but not limited to: halter tops, sheer clothing, bare midriff shirts (no bellies showing), spaghetti straps or strapless tops, or low-cut shirts. In addition, wallet chains, wrist or neckbands with spikes or protruding objects are not allowed.
5ESSENTIALS PARENT SURVEY
Please take a few minutes to complete the 5Essentials Parent Survey. The links are below. James Hart Students will complete the survey during Advisory on Friday, March 19th.
8TH GRADE-CLASS OF 2021
Please look for information soon on how to pay for graduation gowns and Class of 2021
t-shirts and sweatshirts.
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME-TURN ON AND RESTART YOUR SCHOOL DEVICE
To ensure that your student’s school-issued device registers the time change, please have your student turn on his/her device Sunday and then restart it once or twice.
If you wait to do this Monday morning, your student may not be able to enter his/her Monday Zoom classes on time.
If you have questions or experience any issues, please submit a request for tech support here.
We are happy to offer in-person Saturday School to provide academic assistance and help with missing assignments.
The program will run from 8-11 am on Saturdays.
The sign-up link is below:
Please note, there is No Saturday School on Saturday, March 27th.
The video below explains how to access the Student Portal:
There is a link on the James Hart website under "For Students" to access the Infinite Campus Student Portal website.