Staff Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
Please begin to make parent contact for those students that received a progress report and /or will be failing the first six weeks.
* Remember you have been asked to make 8 positive parent contact this 1st six weeks, so please continue to make those contact and keep a log of those contacts.
Pirates of the Month for September
UIL Campus Coordinator NEED ~ Stipend Included!
UIL Academic Team Coaches NEEDED ~ Stipend Included
Academic UIL Coaches and Signups Information
*** Once I get our UIL coaches, then we will need to set-up dates for try-outs as soon as possible. I am looking for the following:
6th, 7th, 8th Oral Reading
6th, 7th 8th Number Sense
6th, 7th, 8th Dictionary Skills
6th,7th, 8th Spelling
6th Music Memory
6th, 7th, 8th Listening Skills
6th, 7th, 8th Modern Oratory
6th, 7th, 8th Maps, Graphs, Charts
6th, 7th, 8th Soc. St.
7th, 8th Editorial Writing
6th, 7th, 8th Calculator Apps
6th, 7th, 8th Impromptu
6th, 7th, 8th Ready Writing
6th, 7th, 8th Chess
6th, 7th, 8th Art
7th and 8th Science
6th, 7th, 8th Math
Please know that ALL staff will be working UIL on the 15th of November at LBMS if you are not coaching a UIL team and Mr. Bryant has mention that we will not be getting any subs that day. He plans to use district staff to cover any high school teachers that maybe out on the 15th of November.
* Please begin to make arrangements for you personal kids as ALL elementary and middle school students, as they may be out that day depending if the district gets a waiver from TEA. I WILL CONFIRM THIS WITH DR. SATTERWHITE.
LCMS Campus PD in the AM
Discipline Committee Meeting - 8am in Meeting Room (looking for members to serve on this committee)
Nicholas Financial Presentation - 9am in Auditorium
Grade Level Meetings: Meeting Room
9:45am - 6th grade
10:25am - 7th grade
11:00am - 8th grade
Lunch on your own: 11:30am-1pm
Friday, Sep. 23rd, 8-8:45am
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
LCMS vs LBMS 7th and 8th grade Football Game
Next Two Week Calender Events
Monday, September 19 - Golf @ Meadowbrook (4pm)
Tuesday, September 20 - 7th grade Football vs. OL Slaton @ Monterey (6:00pm/7:15pm)
Wednesday, September 21 - 8th grade Football vs. OL Slaton @ Monterey (6:00pm/7:15pm)
Wednesday, September 21 - ARD Meeting
Thursday, September 22 - Girls Volleyball @ Mackenzoe (5:30pm/6:30pm)
Friday, September 23 - Advance Choir @ TTU Women's Choir Festival (8am)
Friday, September 23 - Student Holiday
Saturday, September 24 - Adopt-a-Highway pick up day! (TBA)
Monday, September 26 - Pep Rally and Pirate Pride
Monday, September 26 - Golf @ Levelland (4pm)
Monday, September 26 - Football vs LBMS @ Pirate Stadium and LCMS Field (6pm/7:15pm)
Monday, September 26 - LCMS Tailgate Party (5pm)
Wednesday, September 28 - ARD Meeting
Wednesday, September 28 - Happy Birthday Shelli Duncan
Thursday, September 29 - Girls Volleyball @ LCMS vs. Atkins (5:30pm/6:30pm)
Friday, September 30 - End of 1st Six Weeks
LUBBOCK-COOPER ISD “LOCKDOWN PROTOCOL” 2016-2017
Level of Lock down: Announced as: “ALERT”
Threat Level: POSSIBLE
Example: Threat in close proximity, but not immediate area: bank robbery in close proximity, law enforcement agency "pursuit" in area, home invasion, attempt to locate wanted subject in area
- Staff and student movement allowed inside the campus
- Resume with normal student schedule
- Main entrance to involved campus will remain unlocked as parents/guardians will be allowed to pick students up for appointments, etc.
- LCISD Police Officers will be posted at the main entrance of the involved campus
- Elementary students in portable classrooms will be escorted into the main building by a campus administrator or by an LCISD police officer
- High School students in portable classrooms, athletic field house/ indoor workout facility, and Agricultural Sciences Building will remain inside those facilities (due to the large number of students involved and the distance to the main building), students will remain in these facilities. An LCISD police officer will be posted in this immediate vicinity, until the “all clear” announcement is given.
(In an “ALERT” situation, classroom lights are not turned off and students are not moved to the designate safe areas, as the idea is to keep the student educational process as close to normal as possible. The alert is actually a “Stand-by” just in case the incident should call for a full “LOCKDOWN” situation.)
Campus police officers will work in collaboration with local authorities to resolve the situation as efficiently and safely possible; and will be in constant communication with district key personnel throughout.
Level of Lock down: Announced as: “LOCKDOWN”
Threat Level: IMMEDIATE
Example: intruder, active shooter, armed subject in immediate area of campus
- “IAN” button is activated
- Exterior doors locked
- Classroom doors locked
- Class room lights off
- Students moved to designated safe area within the classroom
- LCISD Police Officers posted at the main entrance of the involved campus
- Elementary students in portable classrooms will not be moved into the main building. Students will remain inside of the portable classroom and will move to the designated safe area within the portable classroom
- High School students in portable classrooms, the athletic field house, indoor training facility, and the agriculture sciences building, will remain inside and will move to the designated safe area within those facilities