Thursday, October 10, 2019
A Note from Ms. Owens
October continues to be a busy month for St. Catherine students and families! Fall sports are still going and winter sports are starting their registration. We have Beyond the Books running with lots of students in the sessions. We are preparing to return to the church for our liturgical celebrations which means Mrs. Franks will get the gym back! Our 7th and 8th graders heard from area Catholic high schools today. And our 3rd-8th grade students are in the midst of ACT Aspire interims. They've finished math and are wrapping up English this week. They will take the reading and science interims in the next two weeks.
Tomorrow is a 1 PM dismissal. We will have before care, and students will have lunch time. However, there is no aftercare tomorrow.
This week's Check-In is full of ways you can support St. Catherine:
- attend mass this weekend
- buy a ticket to Oktoberfest
- come to Broken Mary
- buy a pizza-set up from S & T Provisions
- sign-up for Trunk or Treat
- check out the newly revamped Market Day
- bring your toddler to Toddling Chargers
- buy some Queen of Hearts tickets
Thank you for all you do to support the St. Catherine community! Have a great rest of the week!
An Important Message from Fr. Dennis
Oktoberfest - Saturday, October 19
Join FSA for Oktoberfest 2019!
This is the first major FSA Fundraiser of the year, and we need your help to make the night a success!
There are many different ways you can help support this event:
- Share the event information with friends and family!
- Reach out to a local business or company and see if they would consider sponsoring the event! Or donating items for a raffle basket!
- Attend the event!!
- Please also remember to donate to your children’s classroom basket. The more participation, means the more baskets we can create! Please see room parents for any questions!
Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite (button below) or by returning the form below!
S & T Fundraiser
Here is one of the latest in FSA’s fundraising efforts – S & T Provisions Pizza Set-Ups. Click on the first button below for an explanation of how the program works and what families need to know as far as ordering in the coming months. The second button has the order form.
For October only: Because we’re already in the second week of the month, FSA will accept orders until the fourth Tuesday of this month – the 22nd -- and return the vouchers on the 24th.
Starting in November, we will send order forms home the first Thursday of every month in the white envelope, and families will have until the third Tuesday to send them back. FSA will then hand out vouchers the third Thursday of the month.
November dates: The November orders will start on the 7th and will need to be returned to school by the 19th. Vouchers will be sent home on the 21st.
Any questions, please reach out to:
Market Day Has Returned!
It's baaaaacckkk!! FSA is so happy to share Market Day is back and better than ever! Families can now order everything online, and Market Day delivers everything right to the family's home! Below are information fliers to explain how to log on and register to order, an FAQ page, and the October Specials.
- Please read the attached FAQ page before you begin.
- Shipping charges do apply unless you spend at least $120.
- They suggest that if you do not order $120 worth of food, consider ordering with a relative or friend to get free shipping.
- St. Catherine will get 10% of each sale.
- Picking up your order at school is NOT an option.
Feel free to share on your FB page to promote Market Day for St. Catherine. This is an easy way to earn money for our school. St. Catherine will receive a monthly check. At the beginning of every month, FSA will post the monthly special, and we will include it in the virtual white envelope as well.
We are very excited to bring this back! Please feel free to reach out to Melissa Baffoe if you have any questions and/or concerns.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-227-2121
Toddling Chargers is Back!!
5th Annual FSA Trunk or Treat
The deadline for registration is Friday, October 18.
Queen of Hearts Raffle
For this week's incentive, anyone who purchases $20 in Queen of Hearts tickets will be entered into a drawing for a $200 gift card for Home Depot. Keep buying those tickets!
Tuesday Hot Lunch Ordering
The link for placing hot lunch orders is below. Please remember that ordering closes at noon the day before delivery.
There will, of course, be days when parents have ordered a hot lunch and their child is absent. On those days, parents (or another designated person) are welcome to pick up the child's lunch. In order for this to happen, parents must notify the school of the hot lunch pick-up prior to 11 AM and then the actual lunch must be picked up before 12:30 PM. We cannot keep lunches beyond that or send them home with students due to food safety regulations.
Church Renovation Update
Broken Mary - Please join us for an evening of inspiration!
Thursday, Oct. 17th, 7pm
10621 South Kedvale Avenue
Oak Lawn, IL
If you would like to volunteer at Broken Mary, please complete this Google Form. Volunteers are needed to serve food, usher, greet people, help set up and clean up, as well as bake treats.
Thursday, October 10
- Registration for Girls Volleyball & Boys Basketball from 5:30-7:30 PM
Friday, October 11
- All-School Liturgy at 8:30 AM
- Dismissal at 1 PM - no extended care
Sunday, October 13
- Preschool Family Mass at 9 AM
Monday, October 14
- Columbus Day - No School
Tuesday, October 15
- Memorial Mass for Pregnancy and Infant Loss at 7 PM
- Athletic Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 16
- Prayer Service for Victims of Domestic Violence at St. Germaine at 7 PM
Thursday, October 17
- Broken Mary with Kevin Matthews in Church at 7 PM
Friday, October 18
- All-School Liturgy
- 7th Grade Confirmation Retreat to Holy Fire
- Pack the House - 8th Grade Girls Basketball
Saturday, October 19
- FSA Oktoberfest
Sunday, October 20
- VBC Reunion and School Board Induction Mass at 9 AM
Monday, October 21
- Red Ribbon Week begins
Tuesday, October 22
- Tuition Exclusion Day
Thursday, October 24
- Baby Bottles due back
Friday, October 25
- All-School Liturgy at 8:30 AM
Saturday, October 26
- FSA Trunk or Treat
Sunday, October 27
- 8th Grade Confirmation Enrollment Mass at 9 AM
Thursday, October 31
- Happy Halloween Parade in Parking Lot at 1 PM
Friday, November 1
- All Saints Day - All-School Liturgy at 10 AM