SCOTCH RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK
SCOTCH STUDENT'S SPREAD KINDNESS
As part of our emphasis on fostering a positive school environment and Capturing Kids’ Hearts, we will be celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week in several ways all month long.
A random act of kindness is a simple act which brightens someone’s day. It can be something significant, like donating items to a charity, or something smaller, like holding a door open for someone. It can be planned in advance or happen on the spur of the moment.
Here’s how you can help at home: Let your child see you being kind to someone else. Encourage them to be kind to you, their siblings, and their neighbors. Point out kind acts you see others perform in real life, and in books or movies.
See below for more information on how students will participate in their classroom.
Students will write Affirmation Notes to each other!
Capturing Kids Hearts
Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness
Students may purchase Smencils for themselves and/or a friend during their lunch period.
- Hold the door for someone
- say "please," "thank you," and "excuse me"
- Use good table manners
- Practice answering the phone politey
THANK - YOU TUESDAY
- Write an affirmation note to someone at school that deserves a thank you. It can be anyone in the school including teachers, paras, custodians, cafeteria workers, and more!
WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP? WEDNESDAY
- Clean you room
- Put the dishes in the sink
- Pick up trash from the classroom floor
- Straighten up the book bins
- Make a picture for someone in your family
- Send a card to someone who is sick
- Donate good quality used items to a charity
- Ask a new friend to play at recess
- Sit with someone new at lunch
- Buy a Smencil for someone special
THIS IS WHAT WE ARE WE DOING ALL MONTH LONG...
Students will write affirmation notes to each other.
Students may purchase Smencils for themselves and/or a friend during their lunch period for $1. Affirmations must be written with each Smencil purchased.
- Donate goods non - perishable items to Blessings in a Backpack!
3rd Grade - Mac & Cheese
4th Grade - Tuna or Chicken Cans
5th Grade - Juice Boxes (No pouches please)
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Through the month of February, we will have our 5th grade Student Council Reps selling Smencils (pencils that have a scent) during all three lunches. If you are interested and available we are looking for parent volunteers to make sure this process runs smoothly. If you would like to volunteer please click HERE to sign up!