The Art & Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces: BATH SPA
DATES : JUNE 1st, 2nd & 3rd 2015 : 9.00am - 16.30pm
The course is aimed towards 3rd level educators, program directors, trainers and edu-preneurs. The Art and Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces Masterclass will introduce, explore and train participants in experiential learning and teaching and the art of facilitation & curating learning processes, strategies, increased engagement and safe spaces.
The Art and Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces Masterclass will introduce, explore and train participants in experiential learning and teaching and the art of facilitation & curating learning processes, strategies and safe spaces. Participants will be introduced to the unique ‘opportunity based pedagogy’ and competency model of the Kaospilots, which has been developed over 20 years from working and engaging with young dynamic learners & leaders and by exploring the potential in transformational education.
Through imaginative interpretation, “hacking” and creative application of your curriculum, new pedagogical and methodological processes will be explored which will challenge and update the elementary approach to learning and content delivery. You can download the full description.
BusinessWeek has recognized The Kaospilots as "one of the best design schools in the world", and Fast Company has named it in its Startup League's Big 10, "preparing you for the fast moving startup economy".
THE COURSE FEE IS 500 GBP* (+ VAT if you do not have a VAT number) as part of our ed2ed & not 4 profit EDUCATION SERIES or 1000 GBP for private (non-ed) participants, consultants or trainers. You may be entitled to apply for Erasmus+, in particular E+ Grants. Please go to your national agency to get more info about this.
If you would like to register contact the course director and facilitator - email@example.com
The course is 3 full days (9am - 1630pm) and allows for a maximum of 23 participants.
* see terms below for non ed2ed pricing.
UPCOMING LOCATIONS : NEWCASTLE 16th - 18th September, US, Denmark, Malaysia, Brazil, Sweden, India, Germany... (see below)
Attend if YOU ARE:
- A teacher who is progressive and ready to explore new models for designing and delivering education and learning strategies
- A teacher who is already achieving the above, but would like a methodology to do it better and help anchor it more inside your school & colleagues
- A person or edu-prenuer who is engaged in designing new education at under and post grad level who needs some inspiration to introduce authentic change makers, entrepreneurs and leaders into your society.
- A 'new' program designer who either works within traditional Education or as an entrepreneur in order to offer a change ready mindset delivering education.
- Professional organizational consultants, process facilitator or trainer who wants to explore how to design more experience based and authentic leadership workshops
Some outcomes include:
- Learn about team-based pedagogy, group dynamics and team building methods to establish strong peer-to-peer, shared learning environments and to increase student engagement.
- Learn how to design, lead and facilitate transformational programs, learning spaces, learning experiences and strategies and how to establish the correct frames that promote “multiple pathways to learning so that all students are engaged and successful”.
- Learn how to run creative processes, exploring ideas and innovation using effective and fun brainstorming techniques, rapid prototyping and working with problem solving through design thinking practices.
- Learn about the hidden potential in practical and class-team work for the development of intra & interpersonal student skills such as personal expression and values, leadership, collaboration etc. and how to integrate them into curriculum design, daily lesson plans, and a classroom environment which promotes stretch zones, risk taking, creativity and reflection.
- Learn the importance of open dialogue with your students around transparent & proactive planning and learning agreements, supporting personal educational commitment.
"What a great experience! The facilitator used smart techniques to guide us through the education design process. In particular, the 'learning spaces' concept opened up my mind. I am inspired to adopt a similar education in Albania"
Elsi Rizvanolli, Executive Director, Akademia e Pilotëve, Albania
"I am absolutely convinced that the Kaos Pilot's educational model is in the right track for the construction of both, a new society and economy, because the course not only provides the foundations for understanding a more efficient way of learning, but also encompasses a human centered approach in which values, practices and knowledge are merged. As a result, this course fosters the engagement and the sense of ownership in learning, and furthermore, creates qualified happy people".
Gabriel Hernández Martrou. Doctoral researcher in design education, Lancaster University UK.
"Not just the transfer of KAOS-passion, Simon also displays a deep understanding of education during his training sessions. He really contributed to a learning revolution that, in our cases, sparked the development of experimental modules. I recommend Simon to anyone who is looking to get started with radical changes in education. We all know is needed, Simon gives \the power to do it! No more excuses guys."
Michiel Galama, Project Leader MKB21 – Readership Social Media & Reputation Management at NHL Hogeschool
The course The Art & Craft of Facilitating Learning Spaces is an inspiring experience that helps the participants to think differently about teaching. Even for people with a lot of experience in coaching and facitlitation this course offers new perspectives and the unique Kaos Pilots attitude. I loved the combination of hands-on practice and elaborate theory. I am very happy to have attended this course! My students at the HTW Berlin will highly benefit from this new approach and I will enjoy trying out new things. Thanks to Simon for the wonderful hosting and thanks to the great participants.
Dr. Moritz Gekeler, HTW Berlin
Illustration of the 3 day content and corner stones of any <ED REBOOT>
Upcoming dates & locations for 2015
UK : Newcastle : September 16th 18th in collaboration with Newcastle University & Core www.smore.com/x1wb7
Denmark : Aarhus : June 10 - 12th @ KAOSPILOT.
Aarhus : August 26 - 28th @ KAOSPILOT.
Brazil : October 1st - 8th
Germany : Berlin : Dates not available yet
USA : Austin, Texas : 12 - 14th November
Malaysia : Kuala Lumpur : Nov
If you would be interested in attending or helping to set up this program in your city &/or institution, please contact me.
VENUE : The Commons Building
Location :Bath Spa University, Newton St Loe, Bath, Somerset BA2 9BN
* Non ED2ED price:
This Course is a not for profit one. It is aimed at education personnel working at under & post grad levels and those interested in designing new forms of powerful public & private education. A higher cost of 1000 GBP will apply to those working within corporate training, consultancy or train the trainer companies. If you are unsure about this contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org