CB South High School
Updates from CB South
- The broadcast of our graduation ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. tonight, Friday, June 12. The stream may be loaded directly at this link: www.cbsd.org/southgraduation.
- The commencement program may be viewed here.
- A link to allow families to watch at a later time or on a later date will be distributed by email tonight at 7 p.m. and posted to our website.
Class of 2021 Updates
REQUIRED Scholars/Standard Diploma Designation
Every Junior must designate which diploma type they wish to pursue by JUNE 19th. This is necessary for us ensure students have enough credits in order to graduate with their intended diploma.
Click HERE to declare your Diploma Type.
Instructional Modules on the College Search and Application Process at CB South
Individual Recorded Modules (click hyperlink) have been created by the Junior House Counselors to help families navigate the College Search and Application Process. It is our expectation that all college-bound juniors will watch the eight modules prior to their senior year, which is when we will shift our focus on the step-by-step process of requesting records and recommendations.
What Can College-Bound Juniors Work on This Summer?
- Read through the 8 College Planning Modules.
- If any prospective colleges you’re applying to accept the Common App or Coalition App, begin completing as much as you can!
- Polish up your essay(s).
- If your prospective colleges require a COUNSELOR letter of recommendation, complete the required Counselor Rec Survey in Naviance—About Me—My Surveys – Surveys Not Yet Started. There is a part for PARENTS to complete as well.
- If you will need any TEACHER letters of recommendation, contact the teacher and ask if they would like you to complete a survey for them. (Might be a personal survey or one in Naviance).
- Drive through college campuses (if permissible).
- Check out Virtual Tours and Research College Websites
- Look at any UPDATED Standardized Testing Requirements for prospective schools. Many have gone “test-optional” for our class but some may still require testing as part of their application process. Register for SAT or ACT if needed.
- Later this summer, students may be able to fully submit applications that accept “Self-Reported” records. However, if a college requires official records directly from the school, students may begin to request those documents AFTER the start of the school year. Instructions will be forthcoming.
Schedules will be released to students on Infinite Campus at the end of the summer. As mentioned in previous communications, students may no longer make changes to course requests with the exception of teacher-approved level changes. If you are concerned about your preparedness for the course you currently have in your requests, please reach out to your teacher and follow up with your counselor by June 17th to have a discussion about the most appropriate placement next year.
Attention Advanced Placement Students
CB South will be notified by mid-June regarding who completed the AP exams. Those who originally paid and chose not to take the test will be given a refund of $99 through their mypaymentsplus account once College Board reconciles their records with our school. If there are any questions regarding your refund, feel free to contact the school’s AP Coordinator, Mr. Tom Hill - email@example.com
June 30 is the deadline for students to sign in to their AP account and indicate the college, university, or scholarship program that should receive their free score report.
AP Summer Assignment Reminder
Summer School For Course Remediation
All 2020 Summer School remedial courses will be available in an online format through Educere, an online provider. Students remediating courses in English/Language Arts, Math,
Science, Social Studies, and World Language should consult with their counselor to determine appropriate course details and must register online by June 26th. Registration information can be found under School Links on the South website or the Guidance webpage.
CB South Marching Titans Go Virtual!
The current school closure is not going to stop our Marching Titans from starting their summer training program! This week the Marching Titans hosted their first round of Virtual Clinics. Each week students will be virtually meeting with staff members to work on music and marching techniques. Although this fall season may look different than any other year but the Marching Titans will be ready for anything! Registration is still open for the Fall 2020 season. Students can register by visiting https://tinyurl.com/CBSMTMember, or by emailing Mr. Cox at BrianCox@cbsd.org.
CB South's Art Department
CB South's Art teachers and students have been busy working over the past few months. Even though their work was all being done in a virtual environment, we are pleased to share the following art work with the CB South Community.
Please enjoy CB South's Virtual Spring Art Show YouTube Version
Please enjoy CB South's Advanced Placement Studio Art Slide Show
CB South Marching Titans Themed Masks
The CB South Marching Titans are so excited to work with one of their marching band vendors to create CB South and CBSMT themed masks! This is a fundraiser for the band program and 25% of your purchase will come back to our program!
Buy your masks today!
In an effort to generate enthusiasm for reading during the summer months, our summer reading program provides students with CHOICES for reading.
Our goal is to have students reading on a regular basis because they choose to do so. When students are interested and engaged in a book, reading becomes a meaningful part
of their lives. For this reason, we encourage students to choose books that interest them.
We encourage you to be involved in conversations with your child about the book they choose. When family plays an active role in their child’s reading life, students can witness firsthand the role reading can play in their lives.
This summer we ask that all CB South students read a book of their choice that will be discussed with their teachers and peers upon return to school in the fall. Students are encouraged to read a book that they enjoy and that will continue to foster their love of reading. We are excited to discuss the many topics and genres that students explore this summer through the Summer Reading Program!
Thank you for being an important part of our reading community!