What is This?
Pie Chart and Graph for Expenses
- Weather- Mild/ warm
- Point of interest- Bob Marley Museum
- Language- Patois
- History- Little is known about the island’s early history, except that there are many traces of Arawak habitation, and that Arawaks, agriculturists who made good-quality textiles and pottery, were living there when Christopher Columbus landed on 14 May 1494, on his second American voyage of exploration. He named the island Santiago (Saint-James). However, the name was never adopted and it kept its Arawak name Xaymaca, of which ‘Jamaica’ is a corruption. Lacking gold, Jamaica was used mainly as a staging post in the scramble for the wealth of the Americas.
- Why am I going here?- This place has a very unique culture. This is something I'd like to experience firsthand.
- What am I going to do here?- Study the culture, try all the different foods, and explore.
- Weather- Cold
- History- It’s hard to fathom that an island formed 20 million years ago could be considered ‘young,’ but compared to the rest of the world, Iceland is just that.
The entire island is a product of a series of eruptions of underwater volcanoes that took place before the dawn of civilization.
Although nobody knows when the first humans arrived on Icelandic soil, we do know that it was one of the last islands on Earth to be inhabited.
Culture- Located in the middle of the North Atlantic, Iceland was settled by emigrants fromScandinavia and the British Isles in the tenth century. Due to Iceland's geographical location, it was mostly outside the influence of contemporary culture in Europe and America, until the late nineteenth century.
Point of interest- Golden Cirlce
Why am I going here?- This place has a lot of really cool volcanoes. With that being said, that's something I'm looking forward to.
What are you going to do?- Look at volcanoes and the golden circle.
In many ways, the history of Italy is the history of the modern world. So many pivotal moments in our collective past have taken place in Italy that it can be considered Europe’s historical keystone. In this section, learn about the great and not so great moments in Italian history, from the grandeur of Rome to the Renaissance, the Risorgimento to the battlefields of World War II.
Italian culture is steeped in the arts, family, architecture, music and food.
Point of Interest
Here, I am going to visit several restaurants and eat pizza( Italian pizza ).
I want to visit many places around Italy.
- history - Greeks call themselves Hellenes, and Greece Hellas; our term "Greece" derives from their Roman conquerors. From the eighth century BC, colonisation had taken Greek-speakers all over the Mediterranean, from the Black Sea, Turkey, to North Africa, Italy France and Spain, like "frogs around a pond" (Plato).
- Place of interest- Plaka
- Language- Greek
- Reasons for visiting- I wanted to try the different and unique Greek food. While I am here I will most likely also visit the Plaka.
Points of Interest- CN Tower
Language- English/ French
Reasons for visiting- I would like to see the six god in Toronto. I would also like to visit art gallery's.
Points of Interest- Table Mountain
Reasons for visiting- I wanted to visit to study the culture. This is because South Africa has a collection of Native African cultures. I also would like to visit so I can see the animals.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a union of seven Sovereign Sheikhdoms (emirates) - six of which, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain and Ajman - formed the present federation in 1971 when the British withdrew from the Gulf as part of the 'East of Suez' policy. Ras Al Khaimah joined a year later.
Points of Interest- Burj Khalifa
Reasons for visiting- I would like to try the multicultural foods. I would also like to visit the Burj Khalifa.