Literacy & Math Leadership Teams
Gwinnett County Public Schools
The offices of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies are continuing our staff development designed to provide targeted training to support the vertical work within each cluster. We continue our pursuit of teaching and learning that is rich in rigorous content and grounded in Quality Plus Teaching Strategies. Joining the GCPS Mathematics Leadership Team (MLT) or Literacy Leadership Team (LLT) provides the opportunity to be a part of a K-12 team of teachers who will advance the understanding and application of literacy skills, mathematics, and integration of AKS through collaboration.
Selected teachers will begin their commitment to the Mathematics Leadership Team (MLT) or Literacy Leadership Team (LLT) by attending a required two-day intensive training session on July 21-22 and end their commitment in May of 2015. Each teacher leader will collaborate with other teacher leaders across the district and within their cluster to support student achievement, cluster initiatives and Local School Plans for Improvement. Team members will participate in training throughout the school year to equip them with the knowledge and skills needed to increase instructional capacity and to support the local school and cluster. With increased capacity, teachers on these teams will add value to local school and vertical team discussions and work.
Anticipated Schedule for the 2014-2015 School Year
- Summer Dates for LLT and MLT
- July 21-22 (9-4)
· MLT Dates for Mathematics Leadership Team Members
- Math Leadership Team Meetings: 8/25; 9/29; 10/27; 1/12; 2/23; 3/30; 4/27
- Math Leadership Mentor Team Meetings: 8/21; 10/16; 3/19; 4/16
- MLT members will also be encouraged to attend level forums and/or Four Core Staff Development
· LLT Dates for Literacy Leadership Team Members
- Literacy Leadership Team Meetings: 8/21; 9/9; 10/14; 11/4; 1/13; 2/10; 3/10; 5/12
- Literacy Leadership Team Mentor Team Meetings: 8/22; 10/7; 12/9; 2/3; 4/14
- LLT members will also be encouraged to attend level forums and/or Four Core Staff Development
- Meetings held during the school year will be held after school hours.