2nd Grade Newsletter
November 30th-December 11th, 2020
On Track Calendar
UPDATE: Now that we have the MindPlay curriculum and other resources like ExactPath and Seesaw you will notice that we have trimmed down some of the ELA lessons as well to provide your child time to work in MindPlay each week. Please use this time wisely!
Thank you for working hard to make this a successful year!
Side note: If you especially enjoy any of those subjects, you can still complete the extra or skipped lessons. If you need help finding them in your OLS since they won't appear on your Plan, just reach out to your teacher.
Important Upcoming Dates
- December 1st-7th: Mid-Year NWEA MAP Skills Assessment. We will be on our Alternate schedule for these days where you just have 1 daily session at 9am, 11am, or 1pm to take the reading and math screeners. Remember, this screener is required so please check your schedule to see when your time is and if there is a conflict let your teacher know asap!
- December 4th: Family Game Night! Virtual Bingo from 6-7pm. Click here for more info and to register to attend.
- December 16th: Last day of the 2nd Quarter! All work in the OLS must be completed by 5pm to count towards the 2nd Quarter Report Card.
- December 16th-January 5th: Winter Break, no school!
- January 6th: First day of classes for the 3rd Quarter! We will have a modified schedule for this short week, more info coming soon!
- January 11th: Normal classes resume.
For a complete 2020-21 school calendar, please click on the PDF in the Important Websites section below.
Exact Path (edmentum)
New passwords were sent out for you to use to log in to the site. If you have any questions or need help, contact your teacher.
Webcam Permission Form
Use the link below to fill it out now:
How to Contact Your Teacher
2nd Grade Homeroom Teachers
Mrs. Allison Karisch
405-259-9478 ext. 3207
Mrs. Rebecca Wiesemann
405-259-9478 ext. 3187
Mrs. Kelley Winsett
405-259-9478 ext. 2156
Ms. Jennifer Trent
405-259-9487 ext. 3147
Mrs. May Vann
Ms. Elizabeth (Sue) Weeks
What Can You Do to Help Your Child Grow?
Reading at least 20 minutes per day is a great way to increase reading fluency. Your child can work on building up their stamina by starting with just 5 minutes. You can also change up your reading space to make it fun and new! Some ideas are: reading outside, build a fort-then read in it, reading during a picnic, or read a book in bed. This website has more creative reading challenge ideas: https://www.ateachableteacher.com/free-reading-challenge/
As they read, help them practice comprehension skills like identifying the main parts of the story including details about characters, setting, beginning/middle/end, etc. They can also read a book and describe the main idea and details about the people, places, and thing in it.
Encourage them to write in fun ways, a letter to family member, creating their own story, making a journal entry, etc.
Remember to log in regularly to work on your personalized path and check for assignments from your teacher.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.