Glass Castle: Social Issues
By: Alejandra Rigg
Living with an alcoholic is a family affair. Because it subjects all members of a household to constant stress and fears of various kinds, it has often been referred to as a “family illness.” This quote explains Jeannette's life style at home, because she also lives with an acoholic.
- Severe or chronic abuse or neglect
- Sexual abuse
- Abuse or neglect of other children in the household
- Long-term mental illness or deficiency of the parent(s)
- Long-term alcohol or drug-induced incapacity of the parent(s)
- Failure to support or maintain contact with the child
- Involuntary termination of the rights of the parent to another child
After reading this we should automatically say that Jeannette's parents should have lost their parential rights a long time ago.