Week of 10/12/15
We kick off next week with an informative presentation at our staff meeting from Brian Faragher, Director of Hanna Boys Center. We welcome our El Verano colleagues to join us in what will be an informative session regarding the Ace Study and the implications on our work as educators. Please arrive promptly to the cafeteria at 3:15. Picture Day is on Friday, 10/16. Please be flexible as we may experience delays or be ahead of schedule. You never know what the day will bring. Make it a great week!
- Be Your Best Assembly w/Anne Marie Sebastiani
Focus: Tools for being KIND!
grades 1-3 1:05-1:30
grades 4-5 2:15-2:40
- Staff Meeting @3:15 in cafeteria
- FST Mtg. @ 2:00 p.m.
- Please submit your COI #1 pre test results and SMART goal if you have not done so already. Thanks!
- Kinder to Tolay Park
- PTO Mtg. 4:30-5:30
- ELAC Mtg. 6:00-7:00
- Picture Day (photos will be taken on stage)
- 1st and 4th grades to Veteran's Memorial Building
AM Primary Recess: Kristina, Matt, Juana
AM Upper Recess: Justina, Dora-Aldina
PM Primary Recess: Jenny, Carolina, Edith
Cafeteria helpers: Please send 3 students to cafeteria 3 minutes before lunch begins.
2/3 Lunch: Vega
4/5 Lunch: Rubio
- Our Cycle of Inquiry on Math Practice Standard #3 is in full swing! I am excited to see the work in classrooms as we focus on supporting kids to construct and critique viable mathematical arguments.
- Kudos to 1st grade for volunteering to participate in Lesson Study with Krista McAtee. Lesson Study is a powerful type of professional development that involves constructing a lesson as a team and delivering the lesson in each classroom. The team observes one another teach the lesson and then reflects on how to tweak, change and/or adapt the lesson each time it is taught. 1st grade will conduct the Lesson Study in math during COI #1. I look forward to hearing the team's reflections!
In the Weeks Ahead
10/19: Staff Mtg. @ 3:15
10/20: 2nd grade to Wells Fargo Center
10/26-10/30 Conference Week
10/30: Sing Along @ 9:15 & Halloween Carnival @ 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Flowery is a Spanish/English dual immersion school, providing all students with the opportunity to become bilingual, biliterate and bicultural. Begun in 1998 with one kindergarten class and a $1,000,000 federal grant, dual immersion now spans grades K-5 at Flowery and grades 6-8 at Adele Harrison Middle School. We are proud to offer this high quality program of choice for Sonoma County families, and are committed to educating all children for success in a global society.