The Blake Buzz
Week of November 10-14, 2014
TPGES/OPGES- Planning for Student Growth Goals
Where do we start?
Step 1: Identifying Enduring Skill/Concept/Process:
These are the standards you teach that go across content(s) and endure for the course of a year or more.
- Refer to Gheens Curriculum Maps -http://www.jefferson.k12.ky.us/departments/gheens/Index.html
- “Enduring Understandings” are in colored boxes. There are several for each cycle. Identify the most critical area grade-wide that you will teach more intentionally for your 2014-2015 students over the next cycle.
Step 2: Assessing Enduring Skill/Concept/Process and Establishing a Baseline:
- What is your baseline data?
- What is your grade-wide goal?
- How will you assess to reach that goal?
Step 3: The Student Growth Goal Process
- What resources and supports will you use to integrate the enduring skills/concepts/processes with your students? (The resources used to track student growth must be research-based materials).
Example of Team DIPP (Deep Implementation Planning Process)
(We will create these in grade level collaborative team meetings with our PLCs and update with data throughout each of the assessment cycles with formative and summative assessment results).
Goal Setting: What is the distance from the goal? What is the desired outcome? PRIORITIZE
Subject Area: Math
- Mathematical operations are used in solving problems in which a new value is produced from one or more values (O.A)
- Understanding place value can lead to number sense and efficient strategies for computing with numbers (NBT)
Baseline %: 31.8% P and D on MDA #1
Goal %: 40% for MPA #1
Distance from Goal %: 8.2%
Important Dates in November
10 Glenn and McCoy out at CSIP PD until 12:00/Glenn out rest of day for Principal
11 Veteran's Day- Please discuss the importance of this holiday with students.
*We will not have a school wide assembly due to substitutes in building.
- Committee Meetings 4pm- Please read email minutes for agenda
12 LG&E Engineering Club 4:00-6:00pm
15 (Sat.) Elementary Showcase of Schools- Any volunteers to work with Ryan
McCoy and Jill Banta?
17 Report Cards due to Glenn/McCoy 9am
17 SBDM 4:05pm
18 Report Cards Go Home
18 Faculty Meeting
18 Fall Picture Make-up Day
18 PTA Skate World Party 6:30-8:30 pm
19 Vision Pre-screening
21 Pay Day
21 Thanksgiving Luncheon with Parents- We are having Thanksgiving Luncheon
this year instead of Christmas Luncheon. If you want to have students decorate,
or dress up like Pilgrims and Native Americans, please do.