KAOSPILOT *VIRTUAL* MASTERCLASS
DESIGNING & FACILITATING (HYBRID) LEARNING SPACES : PART 1.5
SETTING on 2nd NOVEMBER & LANDING on 11th DECEMBER
A 6 WEEK ONLINE , SELF-DIRECTED, PEER & MENTOR DRIVEN LEARNING ARCH DESIGN MASTERCLASS to explore, prototype and combine the virtual, visual, verbal, and visceral elements in setting, holding and landing HYBRID learning arches, spaces, experiences & Journeys.
WHY? The need for a lighter more adaptive pedagogy is all around, literally! Covid has given birth to the omnipresent learning space. It’s in front of you in the physical and virtual classrooms, in the ambiguous faces of the students who more than ever are placing their future in our hands. So, how do we learn to learn together, online or off, and design flexible learning for emerging contexts which is adaptable, self-directed and creates meaning and relevance?
It’s time to design and create online, offline and hybrid learning spaces which activate and bring learning, content and personal development alive. This course, building on the Learning Arch methodology aims to upgrade your creativity and learning design skills, theory, pedagogy, mindset and ambition for yourself, students, colleagues, clients and schools.
Give yourself the space, time & opportunity with support from peers and mentors to land, breathe and consolidate your learning design curve and growth, to create your own learning style, direction and craft.
*** For alumni of Part 1 and 2 and other in-house KP Learning Arch Design Training, ONLY ***
In spring 2021 there will come a virtual Learning Arch Design Bootcamp, a 3 week, 6 hour course for everyone interested. You can register for that here.
WHAT? This is a SIX week unfolding ‘Learning Arch Design’ virtual programme. This course bridges the Designing and Facilitating Learning Spaces parts 1 & 2. Building on part 1, we go deeper into the core Kaospilot learning methods, pedagogy and how to define and design learning journeys and experiences for any learning space, virtual or not!
Using the LEARNING ARCH DESIGN METHOD, and building on the KP (covid) experiments with multiple ways to engage participants in autonomous, self-directed and prompt driven peer-to-peer oriented ‘virtual learning spaces', we will run an online programme that aims to blend the high touch experience of the kaospilot in a virtual, low tech, learning space.
WHO? YES YOU! Are you are READY to be part of TEAM 0 and a self-directed, peer driven programme, and possess the capacity, patience and determination to work for and by yourself and with others for the best learning potential for all in your LAD (Learning Arch Design) group. If so, then this programme is for you!
If you have attended part 1 or 2, or a 2 day version of a KP learning design masterclass, and you a person who:
- Shares the need for a proactive change in education for society and future generations of online & offline learners and do'ers.
- Would like to reconnect with the KP and like minded proactive and passionate learning designers who don’t have the answers, but believe that together we might!
And, if you believe that Learning Arch Design is a method to consolidate and accelerate your offline, online or hybrid learning space and experience design, facilitation, knowledge and skills.
HOW? The programme is built on the emerging KP online training practices to combine a deeper level of ACT (test, apply & practice), LEARN (prompts, theory & methods) and ADAPT(reflect, analyse & repeat), to unpack the pursuit of knowledge and unfold the 7Cs, connection, conditions, context, (before) content, craft, character and confidence for personal and pedagogical change.
Working with other ‘local’ and ‘global’ alumni, you will DEFINE and DESIGN learning arches for your current or future programmes or semesters and explore with other learning designers how to create powerful, engaging and autonomous offline, online and hybrid learning journeys.
Primarily, you will work in a self-directed way on your own learning design, supported by a local* group of co-learners and peers and also by a local Master Archer Mentor (MAM). The weekly focus, work, frames and structure for all personal, group and mentor sessions are provided in the form of prompts, scripts and 'idoarts' to allow for ALL involved to show up, lean in, share, encourage and inspire.
* There will be 6 in each local group, and local might mean same city, country or (nearby) time-zone!
SPACE, TRAINING, CONTACTS, MENTORING & INSPIRATION!
- A Deep Dive into the practical application of the learning arches to Define & Design (the first 2Ds of the 4D learning design process) your own offline, hybrid or virtual learning program with support from prompts, frames, peers and Master Archer Coaches.
- Experience how the Kaospilot are moving into the virtual space whilst exploring the potential for authentic and personal, practical and professional transformation.
- Expand your LAD network and build relationship of support locally and globally.
- A chance to land, consolidate, test, apply and evaluate the past 6 months in order to find your new learning edge and your energy and ability for designing cross platform programmes for change and adaptability.
- Gain space, time, focus, inspiration and support to build online, offline and hybrid courses to create and support self directed, autonomous peer driven learning by experiencing it yourself.
THE COST, COMMITMENT, DURATION & CONTENT
€500* There are limited places and you can pay in 2 instalments if you wish.
* This is a team zero price. Payment can be made in 2 x €250 instalments, the first on sign up and the second in week 4.
ONCE YOU REGISTER WE WILL PUT YOU IN A 'LOCAL' GROUP, IF THERE IS SPACE. IF NOT YOU WILL BE FIRST IN LINE FOR THE NEXT EARLY RUNNING IN 2021.
- Course starts & ends: Monday Nov 2nd - Friday Dec 11th.
- 6 weeks + Some pre-course-setting work: personal and software prep, to get ready to start (3 hours)
- 35 hours in total // Weekly Average: 5 hours.
- ALL 3 Global Team sessions, SET on Monday 2nd nov. //. HOLD & mid arch interval on Friday 20th Nov //. LAND on Friday 11 Dec. Duration 1.5 hours: They will run @
- Australia 10.30 pm AEDT
- Brazil - 07.30 am BRT
- ALL other sessions will happen on your local or nearby timezone.
- Weekly ‘local’ Group meet ups will take place each Thursday @15.00, your local or nearby time-zone.
THE WEEKS IN BRIEF
Week ZERO: SET(#1) THE STAGE FOR YOU: THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!
PRE COURSE LOOP-LANDING. Support and give time to the learners to start making a connection with the programme’s learning arches, its content and their own skills, knowledge, professional and personal ambitions for it.
WEEK 1: SET(#2) CHECK IN; LEAN IN; & START LEADING YOURSELF & OTHERS!
CONNECTION. Explore and practice how to Make a connection with the students and meet them where they are at (knowledge, social, professional, personal & emotional).
WEEK 2: SET(#3) DEFINE THE LEARNING SPACE, ROLES AND RULES.
CONDITIONS. Explore and practice how to set the conditions for how you will try to work together, the learning styles you will explore and how you will collaborate by clarifying expectations.
WEEK 3: HOLD(#1) DESIGN & MODEL YOUR CONTENT, CONTEXT & EXPERIENCE.
CONTEXT & CONTENT. Explore and practice how to make the case for what the students are about to learn and why it is useful, relevant, emerging, challenging and even powerful.
WEEK 4: HOLD(#2) THE FIRST STEP TO 3P AGENCY! DEFINE & DESIGN FOR DEVELOPING CRAFT.
CRAFT. Explore and practice how to unfold and increase the learning, challenge (practice) and measurement to support risk and a deeper understanding of the subject and craft (methods supported by theory). As the teacher leaves the stage, the students step up and perform through application, (self)reflection, analysis and leadership.
WEEK 5: LAND(#1) LAND WITH CHARACTER FOR 3P DEVELOPMENT.
CHARACTER. Explore and practice how to design for character growth as self- understanding deepens through increased complexity of tasks, alternating contexts and delivery within groups of peers whilst seeking to create sustainable impact & value.
WEEK 6: LAND(#2) LAND (YOUR LAD) AGENCY WITH CONFIDENCE & CELEBRATE!
CONFIDENCE & CHANGE. Explore and practice the learner’s ability to set their own targets beyond their current expectations. To define and take more control of their (learning) potential, behaviour, actions and direction.
Pre made mural templates for up to 16 week semester LA designs and weekly 7C references and top tools within the 'exclusive' LEARNING ARCH ELEMENTS POCKET BOOK app!
DESKTOP SOFTWARE AND APPS:
- The Kaospilot Learning Arch elements (pocket book) App & Periodical table poster (exclusive to this course)
- Mural (free for educators)
- Slack // Zoom // What's app (for walk & talks)
- Google slides & sheets
* chosen as they work best on desktop but also for quick access and additions on tablets and phones.
MEET THE MASTER ARCHER MENTORS
FLASH BACK: Reconnect with part 1 for fun, and let's explore how we can create a great learning space online? What mindset will you bring from part 1 into 1.5?