CMS Weekly Update
Sunday, September 27, 2020 (Week #3)
Journey Through The Middle Years...
We have navigated through the first full week of school. Both Mr. Olson and I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding as we were able to work through some scheduling issues – blending 6 potential schedules into one isn’t very easy, but we are getting there. Here are few items I wanted to address for the upcoming week:
1. Great job getting the students into the homeroom session. We are able to take attendance, get out a principal’s message and the core teacher has a quick chance to check in with their students; it’s a win, win situation for all. We averaged over 95% attendance as well – great stuff!
2. Need Parents/Guardians help here: When conducting live synchronous sessions, please remind your children that we highly suggest they leave their video on. Presently, the majority of students stay connected with the video; however, there are some that still decide to shut off their video and we can’t tell if they are there or not. We totally understand if circumstances arise, but please remind your kids why it’s so important to stay connected and let us know if there is a problem as we can work with any situation. Thank you for your help with this.
3. Pivoting to Hybrid – Thursday, October 15th. This week we will begin to provide information about the Hybrid scheduling process. We will begin to put it out in easy to understand segments. We have some time, but we want you to be well informed.
4. I want to thank all of the parents and guardians who provided me with their feedback on our start to the year. The Self-Check process was an area where there were lots of opinions. I am in 100% agreement that it is early and it doesn’t seem relevant; however, the idea is to get families into the habit of completing this process. Plus, if you are in Cohort D or are coming into our school for any reason, you need to complete this process. Our nurse is the ONLY person who will see the result and she is responsible for reviewing the submissions daily. Thank you in advance for your understanding. I will always include a link to this process in our CMS Weekly Update and it’s also found on our website at Charlton Middle School's Website
5. Finally, last year we created an amazing yearbook (thanks to Mrs. Kasierski). We still have students who haven't picked up their copy. Also, we want everyone to know that you can still purchase one if you want. There will be a button below that will take you to a Form. If you would like a yearbook, just fill it out and we will contact you regarding a pick up time. The cost is $25 (soft cover) $30 (hard cover) If you have any direct questions, please email Mrs. Kasierski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for your patience and understanding as we move into the 2020-2021 school year.
Please consider tagging us on photos and events for your kids; We would love to hear and see what they are up to outside of our school. Please use this year’s hashtag #TeamCMS20 and/or use our school's Twitter address @cms_grizzlies - We love being part the middle school story for all of our students...
Dean W. Packard
Phone: (508)2481423 Ext.1102
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: cms_grizzlies; @CMSPrincipal1