BMS Patriot Press
Parent News February 26th
We hope everyone had a great week. We most certainly did here at BMS as we wrapped up our celebration of Black History Month with a spirit week and triva competition.
Our school celebrates diversity and the unique experiences our students and staff members bring with them.
We know that we are always Stronger Together, and we carry that theme forward as we move throughout the remainder of this school year. It is hard to believe that only a few months exist.
As always, I thank you for your continued support and commitment to our school's vision. The best is yet to come!
Promotion Criteria Summary: Students must pass 5 out of 6 classes; LA and MA are required.
RBES Parent Survey
Due to the pandemic, GCPS is administering a contactless version of the RBES Parent Survey this year. There will be no paper or school computer option. Instead, SchoolMessenger will deliver an email invitation to families to complete a survey for each school at which they have one or more enrolled students. The confidential survey will be available in English, Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese and will be accessed using the link and unique code provided in the SchoolMessenger email. The RBES Parent Survey will be available from February 8 through February 26. Your participation helps us to continuously improve our school. Thank you in advance for making your voice heard!
Patriot Promotion Academy (PPA) Information
Congratulations to our BHM Trivia Winners!
Staff: Ms. Dorsan, Ms. Caldwell, and Ms. Rhodes
Some specific ways that you can support teaching and learning are by:
1) Ensuring your student is present each day in the identified format (Virtual students remain virtual, and in-person remain in-person)
2) Ensuring your student is actively engaged in learning
3) Ensuring your student completes all tasks and assignments
4) Communicating with your student's teachers
5) Reviewing Parent Portal, Student eCLASS pages, and class progress reports
Did you miss the “Supporting Your Student at Home and at School” parent workshop lead by the BMS Counselors & Rebeca Gibbons of the NEST? The presentation included academic and social emotional support, information and tips for home and school. Click the link to go the BMS Counselors Resources webpage and view the “Supporting Your Students at Home and at School” presentation in English or Spanish and supporting documents. Our next Supporting Your Student Lunch & Learn parent workshop will provide info on how to access and navigate the Parent Portal. More details to come.
- The FoodFinder is a free resource developed by a GCPS graduate. Visit the FoodFinder website or download the app to find places nearby where you can get free food and meal assistance.
- Download the flyer in English and Spanish from the GCPS Language Bank - Food Pantry Resources, under Counseling and Mental Health --> Food Pantry Resources.
Book Appointments with the Parent Center Coordinator Pilar Silva
- Do you have access to the Parent Portal?
- Do you have a My Payments Plus account?
- Have you applied for Free and/or Reduced Lunch, if applicable?
- Do you know when and where your child can go to get additional instructional support?
- Do you know where you can check out materials/resources to use at home with your student?
- Do you know how to become a volunteer in our school?
If you answered no to any of these questions, please make an Appointment with Pilar Silva, our Parent Instructional Coordinator, in the BMS Parent Center
Parent Center partnered up with Collard Green Cafe, a Soul Food restaurant in Tucker! In appreciation of all of the hard work you do and as a way to celebrate Black History Month, BMS Faculty & Staff will receive 10% off your meal and a free drink (homemade sweet tea or lemonade).
Thank you for helping us ensure a safe environment. Please contact the school and keep your student at home if s/he displays any of the symptoms pictured below.
Student Help Guides
This link can help students with eClass, Google Classroom, and Chromebooks Student Help
Berkmar Middle School
Want to stay connected with BMS? Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @BerkmarMS127. Updated communication and parent newsletters may be found on these platforms. Additionally, our school website is another great resource for learning more about our school.