Where the biome is Located
- North America
- Northern China
- Northern Japan
Average High Temperature 104 Degrees Fahrenheit
Average low Temperature -32 Degrees Fahrenheit
Average annual Rainfall 12-33 inches
This amazing animal amur, also known as a Siberian tiger, can do many things. Their adaptations include having shorter forelimbs than their hind limbs to help them jump. Also, they have a loose stomach which helps them to minimize injury when an enemy kicks them
Wolverines have very strong jaws that can bite into frozen bone or meat. Their feet act like snowshoes and keep them from sinking into deep snow. Its huge flat feet and long claws help them to climb.
Evergreen trees don't drop their leaves when temperatures cool because of this they don't have to regrow in the spring. Also, because they keep their leaves the evergreens are able to use that limited energy for structural growth rather than producing leaves.
Amur (Siberian Tiger)
Nature causes include...
- forest fires with lighting
- diseased by parasites or herbicides
- spruce trees that grow on top thick moss are frequently blown over by strong winds
- Large-scale industrial forestry or logging
- oil and gas exploration
- road building, mining
- human triggered forest fire
- climate change. Animals of the taiga are being hunted and trapped for their fur which decreases their population greatly. People have set up state protected areas that prohibit all kinds of forestry operations, road constructions, mining activities and, land reclamation and other activities that could change the hydro logical regime.
To listen to a Siberian tiger roar click here
To learn more about the wolverine click the link below