Job Interview Process
By: Jendaya Hostetler
Before the Interview
- Make sure you do your research on the company so that they know you're on top of things and you're interested in the company.
- Get a good nights rest so that you're not tired and you're alert for your interview
- Practice how you'll answer the questions
During the Interview
- Stay alert and ready to answer any questions they have
- Keep a positive attitude the whole time
- Don't let them see that you're nervous
- Use real life stories
After the Interview
- Write a thank you note to the interviewer
- Take notes on what worked and what didn't work
- Accept rejection with a good attitude
- Don't chew gum
- Don't slouch
- Don't be late
- Don't take your phone into the building
- Don't bring up money, benefits or vacation time
What to Wear
- Dress professionally in church clothes
- Don't wear excess jewelry
- Don't wear crazy makeup colors just keep it simple
5 Common Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
Don't ramble about your personal life and highlight your strengths and abilities
- What is your greatest strength?
Be specific and give a good work related example
- What is your greatest weakness?
Be honest but make sure it's not something essential to the job
- Why did you leave your last job?
Be honest and explain the situation but don't talk badly about your last employer
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Show that you're a person with direction and you have goals