Dalton Teacher News
NEW Mentor Opportunities
Please read the information below if you are interested in becoming a mentor.
I wanted to present some important information to you in regards to the APS mentor program as it pertains to New Teacher Induction. We will be transitioning from a site-based mentor program to a district-based mentor program. The district mentors will be working with a cohort of teachers. We believe this will help new teachers create a supportive network of other new teachers who are in similar teaching assignments across the district.
What does this mean?
- Teachers on an initial license will no longer be required to be assigned a mentor in their building – this also means that teachers will no longer receive a stipend for mentoring new teachers in their building.
- APS will have district appointed New Teacher Mentors who will support teachers with an initial license
- This support will occur monthly, outside of the duty day
- This support will fulfill one of the requirements of induction
- New teachers will join a cohort of grade-level new teachers. This cohort will be facilitated by a district mentor.
- If you are interested in applying to be a New Teacher Mentor for APS, please click here to access the application
Because of this transition, we have opportunities available for our current teachers to apply to be APS New Teacher Mentors. If you are interested in finding out more about the roles and responsibilities of a New Teacher Mentor for the district, please click here.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have about this information. Contact Corrie Napier to get more information!
NEW Offsite Leadership Notes and Google Slide
17th-Service Pin Ceremony
25th- Intervention Meeting
26th- Last day with students
Archived April Meetings
Archived January and February Meetings
Creating and Updating READ Plans
- Under the new security parameters set by the district, only the classroom teacher can create a new READ plan for their student. If you are supporting a teacher in creating a plan, be sure the teacher is the person logged into Enrich.
- When teachers create or revise a plan, there are a few additional steps in the process.
- Revised help sheets are included below.
Creating a READ Plan-Revised 10/26/15
Updating a READ Plan-Revised 10/26/15
PLEASE FINALIZE ALL PLANS that have been revised-they are not activated plans until you finalize. Please see the help sheets above if needed.
KINDER READ Plan and PALS UPDATES
NEW Spring PALS Assessment and TS GOLD
- We must have a cut score for all K students within their first 30 instructional days of enrollment. Please email if you have any questions.
- Kinder students who are at or above the cut score on Form B do not need to be assessed using PALS again this year unless the teacher feels the student's progress is not where it should be and they want to administer PALS to collect more data.