Holy Name of Mary, Friday, June 21, 2019
We are down to the final four days of school! There is still lots to be done before we all head off for the summer. Please read through all the reminders in this newsletter and make sure that you do everything you need to get done before you leave for your well-deserved break.
Have a great Water Fun Day and a wonderful weekend!
Please review the document in the email I sent this week regarding Lockdown procedures. If you are in one of the following open areas, please take note of where you should go:
- Front foyer/front desk: Caroline or Pascale's office or Kindergarten room - whichever is closest.
- Gym: Equipment room
- Library & Fish Bowl: Storage room behind the Fish Bowl
- Outside: R. Tait MacKenzie School
- Staff Room: Room 121 (Karen B's room), 124 (Mary's room) or the staff washrooms
Technology & SEA Equipment Roundup
- Erin and Mary will collect your SEA equipment (chairs, etc) in the afternoon.
All technology will be collected on Tuesday, June 25th.
- Please bring all laptops and iPads to the Library in a stack or in a bin. Clearly label your stack with your name and room number. We also need all of your power cords, wireless keyboards and headphones. Micheline will be checking to ensure that everything is returned.
- Point of instruction computers will be collected on the last day of school, Thursday, June 27th before you leave. You can keep any iPad stands that you have in your classrooms.
Library Book Roundup
- Please remind students that all library books must be returned this week.
- Have students check at home and clean out all desks and shelves to make sure that none are left in the classroom.
- Micheline has provided each class with an updated list of books that are still outstanding. Please send notes home in students' agendas if they are still missing any books.
- File all report cards from this year (Progress Report, Term 1 report, Term 2 report) in the OSRs with the most recent report on top.
- File all IEPs from this year with the most recent on top.
- Fill out and sign the front of each OSR with the start and end dates for this year.
- Check that each OSR is in good order, using the guidelines at the front of each OSR.
Classroom teachers, please ensure that the following things are done before you leave for summer:
- Each student desk is checked to make sure it is empty.
- Decorations, including all posters and notices, are removed from walls and windows.
- Teacher’s personal belongings are removed from the classroom.
- If your class is being painted this summer, please remove all artwork, pictures and staples from the walls.
- Make sure to address any Health & Safety violations that were addressed in last week's email - especially excessive clutter and items stored on top of cupboards.
H: and T: Drives are disappearing!
Please be advised that CDSBEO is requesting that all staff move their remaining files from H: and T: drives to their OneDrive. The links below demonstrate how files can easily be moved to OneDrive:
H: and T: drives will continue to be accessible until July 1, 2019. Please see the communications below for further information and clarification regarding the H: and T: drives. Any files that have not been transferred before July 1, will be backed up and may be retrieved by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or concerns, or require assistance, please contact ICT_Support@cdsbeo.on.ca.
Our final Clubs day in the kitchen filled the school with a yummy cinnamon scent. Thank you to Mary and Sarah Empey for coming up with so many delicious recipes for the kids to try out.
Sara Reid arranged for Mayor Christa Lowry to come to her class to wrap up their final unit on Government in Social Studies. What a great way to get students connected with a local politician and have the opportunity to ask questions.
The Cubes Return
Erin and Kristine accompanied our Cubes in Space group to Virginia this week to watch their experiment blast off into space. After a successful launch on Thursday morning, the cubes came back to earth. We can't wait to hear all about their adventure!
Kris, Stephanie and Jessika brought the Grade 7 & 8 classes to the Summer Solstice Celebration at Vincent Massey Park on Thursday. The kids learned some challenging Inuit games and got to watch some impressive dancing in the big tent (above).
After a very scary weekend, Aiden spent most of this week recuperating at CHEO. When I left school yesterday, he was just on his way home with mom after having been released from the hospital. Thank you so much for your prayers and for your support of his family.
Stained Glass Creations
Andi and Tanya's Stained Glass Club laid out all of their gorgeous creations on the window ledges last Friday. They are going to brighten a lot of people's classrooms and nursing home rooms next year!
Water Fun Day
The Week Ahead
Monday, June 24th
- Grade 5/6 Year-End Trip to Gemmill Park
- Debbie Balog in to collect all equipment and inventory
- Erin & Mary completing ONSIS (am)
- Practice "The Summons" for the Grad Mass with Karen at 8:30am
- Lockdown Drill (am)
- Constable Tereschuk in to speak with the Grade 8's (after morning recess)
- Grad practice at the church (1:45 pm)
Tuesday, June 25th
- Kerri Starr in
- Report cards go home (except for Grade 8's)
- Gail Gamble in to volunteer
- Pascale & Micheline collecting all technology in the Library
- Talent Show in the morning
- Kindergarten Celebration outside at 1:00pm
- Clap Out at 3:00pm
Wednesday, June 26th
- Sandy out (Natalie Holmes)
- Sara H out (Sandra Stewart)
- Sharon O'Brien in to visit Micheline and Kris re: next year
- Graduation Breakfast @ 9:30am
- Grade 8 Graduation @ 6:30pm at the Church. Slide show at school at 8:00pm. Dance from 8:30-10:00pm
Thursday, June 27th
- Last Day of School!
- Grade 3&4 Trip to Mooney's Bay
- Kerri Starr in
- Liz B out (Natalie Holmes)
- Pay Day!