Information for the return of our 4th and 5th students
Safety Protocols For The Return Of Fourth And Fifth Grade Students
Back in September 2020, our Director of Student Safety, Mark Carter, our nurse, Mary Hoffman, Kris Wayland, our Dean of Students, myself did a safety walk-through in the building. We identified entry and exists for our students arriving by bus, car and walking. Below is a summation of our safety plan. Fourth and fifth grade staff completed the safety walk-through on Wednesday, January 27th, 2021. Below is the plan for your student's safe return:
• Walkers will enter the building through the south end set of double doors where they will be health screened before entering the classroom.
• Bus riders will enter the building through the main doors. They will be health screened on the bus before exiting.
• Students being dropped off will be health screened in their car before being allowed to enter the building through the main doors. Students exhibiting symptoms will not be allowed to attend school until further notice.
In order to insure our students are safe while getting dropped off and picked up, we ask that you continue to follow our safety guidelines:
• Do not allow your child to exit your car and cross the the parking lot without an adult.
• Please use the crosswalk in the parking lot.
• If you are picking up, please pull your car to the front of the line so we can bring more cars up to load.
• Please do not walk in the front parking lot before or after school. We have two buses and daycare vans dropping off and picking up. We have students being dropped off and picked up.
We appreciate your help with this.
We will have a number of adults to help students find their classroom.
Unfortunately, parents or visitors will not be allowed to enter the building. If you need assistance from our office staff, please press the buzzer to the right of the main doors and you will be helped immediately.
Doors open @ 8:45. Students can pick up a grab-n-go breakfast on their way to class if they choose to do so. Students in need of a grab-n-go lunch will let their teacher know in the morning. Breakfast and lunch are eaten in class during a ten minute mask-off time period. Once the ten minutes is up, students will be asked to put the food away and put their mask back on. They may finish their food during their next recess.
Please feel free to call me with any questions you may have. I can be reached by phone or email: