Stallion Staff Stampede
Week #9: October 17-21, 2016
- Wear jeans.
- 5th Grade Field Trip, 10:30am-1:30pm
- TAG Selection Committee meeting, 3:30pm, Location TBD
- Team Leader Meeting, 3:30pm, Location TBD
- LOLA After School, 3:15-4:15pm
- Long Run, 6-7pm
- Wear spirit shirts and jeans!
Thank you for supporting your teammate by taking her class to LOLA! (From Moss)
Your constant smile and openness to change is wonderful!
Boland & Garcia
Thank you for running such an efficient and safe clinic! We appreciate you more than you know!
Upcoming Events & Reminders
- 10/26 5:30pm Long Open House for Prospective Students
- 10/27 Staff Meeting: All in Learning
- 10/27 PTA Meeting, 7pm
- 10/28-10/30 FOL Campout
- 10/31 Deadline to acknowledge district policies in Oracle (See email from Ana)
- 11/4 End of the Second Six Weeks
- 11/4 Super Stallion Awards, Stallion Store
- 11/8 Staff Luncheon (3rd Grade Parents Hosting)
- 11/11 Coffee with the Principal, 8:05am
Reads and Resources
PBS affiliate KQED reached out to tech-savvy librarians and compiled their recommendations for highly effective smartphone apps. The result is “Librarian Approved: 30 Ed-Tech Apps to Inspire Creativity and Creation”
Online Resources for Teaching About the Presidential Campaign
In this article in Education Week, Madeline Will shares free classroom resources for teaching and discussing this year’s election:
- Letters to the Next President 2.0 www.letters2president.org – Students’ letters to the 45th president will be published by PBS member station KQED and the National Writing Project.
- Teaching Tolerance Election 2016 Resources www.tolerance.org/election2016 – These include a civility contract, civic activities, and PD webinars.
- iCivics www.icivics.org/election_resources_2016 – Materials on the basics of democracy, with an interactive digital game in which students manage their own presidential campaign.
- C-Span Classroom www.c-spanclassroom.org/campaign-2016.aspx – Primary sources with historical and contemporary video clips and related discussion questions, handouts, and activity ideas.
“Educators Grapple with Election 2016” by Madeline Will in Education Week, September 14, 2016 (Vol. 36, #4, p. 1, 12-13), www.edweek.org