Hillcrest Academy South Campus
February 2023 Newsletter
Dr. Balsamello's Message
Hillcrest Academy South Campus (HAS) staff and students began February with our third marking period/ second semester. We said good bye to our Spanish teacher Ms. Flores, however welcomed back our Art teacher Ms. Picciano. We have all enjoyed celebrating Black History Month, Valentine's Day, as well as various School Spirit Days, an incentive field, and a field trip for seniors to Union County College!
February 2023 Updates
- February 1st - Start of 3rd Marking Period and 2nd Semester
- February 9th - Incentive Bowling Field Trip
- February 10th - Wear Sport's Jersey Spirit Day
- February 14th - Valentine's Day wear red or pink
- February 16th - Black History Month Movie activity
- February 23rd - UCC Field Trip
- February 24th - Pajama Day
February Student of the Month
Brianna L. is our Student of the Month for February. This is her first year at HAS and has been doing very well for herself but where she really excels is in her favorite subject of Biology. One of her favorite things in the world is Hello Kitty so it is no surprise that her favorite color is pink and that she has a pet cat. In her free time, Brianna loves to paint. When asked if she has ever traveled outside of the country, she will tell you that she has been to Peru.
Ms. Duarte's Classroom
Ms Wrzesinski's Classroom
Black History Month
At the Movies!
Black History Month Projects
Month of Cooperation and Friendship
Spreading Love through Kindness
- "You are beautiful! No matter your race, body shape, face, style, and hair texture. You're Beautiful and don't let anyone tell you the opposite."
- "This too shall pass and tomorrow is a new day! You are loved!"
- "You shine, I shine, We all shine!"
- "Always believe in yourself!"
- "Love is within everyone. Beauty is inside of you. Don't give up on yourself. Be kind to all people. Have faith in yourself and others. Being unique is a beautiful thing."
Our Friendship with Westlake
I've Been Hugged!
In the Community
Incentive Trip - Bowling!
Valentines for Valentine's Day
UCC Interest Trip
Our Students In and Out of School
Hillcrest Academy South is an alternative high school for students from the Elizabeth Public Schools. Students are referred to HAS by their Elizabeth Academy guidance counselor and administration for an interview at HAS. We provide a small educational learning setting with opportunities to make up courses through our Credit Retrieval Program in a caring environment in order to meet Elizabeth’s graduation requirements.
Facebook: Hillcrest Academy South
Location: 1571 Lamberts Mill Road, Westfield, NJ, USA-Door 3B