- January 18 - No School - Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 18 - Open Enrollment Lottery Application Opens (New Students Only)
1st Ever CHA Yearbook - Created by Students! Show Your Support And Order Now!
This might not go down in history as your student's favorite school year, but it will go down in the history books. Years from now your child will want to look back and reminisce on what it was like to grow up during these historic times, and the Chapel Hill Academy yearbook is dedicated to preserving everything that has happened. Whether your child is learning online, in-school or hybrid, the yearbook will cover everyone.
Yearbooks are selling fast. Don’t miss out on your chance to pre-order your child's copy at yearbookforever.com.
Student Pictures - View & Order at Glamourcraft.com
Free tips and expert advice to help parents navigate the many challenges of child rearing – from pregnancy through the teen years.
GetParentingTips.com is not about getting kids to eat their vegetables. It focuses on information, coping tips, and strategies that help parents navigate both common and difficult situations. It tries to answer the question, “I’ve tried that, now what?
Report Cards & Attendance Alerts
- Report Cards - grades 1-8 are published in Ascender ParentPortal. PK & KG receive report cards directly from teacher.
- Attendance - Virtual learning students must initially be marked 'absent' because they are not physically in the building. The following day, teachers confirm whether or not a student completed the learning requirements by 11:59 pm and submit attendance adjustment, if applicable. Adjustments may take several days to appear in Ascender ParentPortal.
- All absences (on campus or remote instruction) require a note from a parent, guardian, or doctor and must be submitted within three (3) days of the absence to email@example.com.
- Attendance Alerts - To reduce notifications received, these settings may be adjusted in your ParentPortal account. Note: only initial absence recorded triggers an alert. Adjustment notifications are not sent.
STUDENT WALKER AT DISMISSAL? IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW!
This is not an alternate means of parent pickup. You are welcome to arrange a meeting place with your child, however all 'walkers' will be permitted to leave campus alone immediately at dismissal.
- To add your child to the list of student walker, complete this form (at least 24 hrs in advance of first day to walk).
- All students listed as a 'walker' will be dismissed and permitted to leave campus at 3:30.
- Teachers do not check email at dismissal and messages for last minute changes will not be seen.
- Permission must be submitted in advance for a student to be released as a walker, regardless of whether they are walking to the street corner, across the street, or home.