- March 8-April 30: Virtual Learners Vision & Hearing Screenings (details below)
- March 23-April 23: Returning Student Registration
- April 6: STAAR testing begins (see info for all grades)
- April 7: PAC Meeting
- April 9: Learning Option Choice Form Due (Last Grading Period)
- April 9: End of 5th Grading Period
- April 12: Beginning of 6th Grading Period
- May 26: Last Day of School
Choose In Person or Virtual Learning Option for the final grading period.
New CHA Referral Rewards Campaign!
Limited quantities available! Only 250 will be printed - once they're gone, no more will be printed.
- Visit yearbookforever.com to order
- Cost is $25
- Distributed in May
Complete Returning Student Registration Now For Next Year!
It's time to submit registration for next school year.
Who needs to re-enroll?
All current CHA students planning to attend next year.
What do I need to do?
- Login to Ascender ParentPortal.
- Select 'Resume Registration' for each child linked to your account.
- Complete the forms and upload Proof of Residence document (current utility bill).
Virtual Learners Vision & Hearing Screenings - KG, 1, 3, 5, & 7
Vision & Hearing Screenings for virtual learning students in grades KG, 1, 3, 5, 7 only are available on campus by appointment in March & April. An email with more information and appointment information has been sent. Contact Rey Lazarin, R.N. with questions.
Report Cards & Attendance Alerts
- Report Cards - grades 1-8 are published in Ascender ParentPortal. PK & KG receive report cards directly from teacher.
- Attendance - Virtual learning students must initially be marked 'absent' because they are not physically in the building. The following day, teachers confirm whether or not a student completed the learning requirements by 11:59 pm and submit attendance adjustment, if applicable. Adjustments may take several days to appear in Ascender ParentPortal.
- All absences (on campus or remote instruction) require a note from a parent, guardian, or doctor and must be submitted within three (3) days of the absence to email@example.com.
- Attendance Alerts - To reduce notifications received, these settings may be adjusted in your ParentPortal account. Note: only initial absence recorded triggers an alert. Adjustment notifications are not sent.