Bowman Eagle Gazette
January 30, 2019
Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King
Taking a Different Point of View
1st Grade Timelines
Congratulations to Caleb! He sold the most items during our cookie sale and received a brand new pair of Beats headphones!
This site contains unlimited access to thousands of books, videos and quizzes from leading publishers to help kids everywhere read, learn and grow
Please note the following date changes:
- Thursday, February 7, 2019 is Yellow shirt day. All scholars are asked to wear a yellow shirt with their regular uniform bottoms and uniform shoes in honor of National School Choice week. Thank you parents for making Thea Bowman your school of choice.
- Also on Thursday, February 7, 2019, we will have Parent Teacher Conferences from 3:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Scholars MUST be picked up from the gym prior to proceeding to classrooms.
Mark your calendars and save the date for our Friendship Dance - Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Details forthcoming.
Annual Coat Drive
A very special thank you to Ms. Smith, PTCA President, and Ms. Zellers, Charm Club sponsor, for all of their hard work in making this even a success. A special thank you also goes to Trine University students for collecting hats and gloves and donating them to our scholars.
Morning Arrival Procedure
The safety of our scholars is our number one priority. Here are a few things to remember during your drop off experience:
- The drop off lane is the right-hand lane in front of the Polk street doors. The left-hand lane is the passing lane.
- Scholars are to exit from the RIGHT PASSENGER SIDE ONLY!!
- Parents, please do not park or exit vehicles in the drop off lane.
- Once scholars exit the vehicle safely, carefully merge into the passing lane by following the crossing guard's directions.
- If you need to park, please pull in front of the "DROP OFF ONLY" sign or the parking lot.
One of our male staff members will be there to greet you and your scholar with a smile!
We thank you all in advance for your cooperation!
School Closings & Delays
Please be advised that if school is closed we will reach out to families in the following manner:
1. Automated phone call system
2. Posting on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/theabowmanel
3. Posting on the Emergency Closing Center website: www.emergencyclosingcenter.com
4. Posting on our website: https://www.phalenacademies.org/TheaBowman
Please be sure that your phone number is updated in our system. You can update your number by calling the school or sending a note with your child.
We advise all parents to develop a plan for the care of your scholars when school is closed. When school closes, especially after the school day has begun, scholars need to know specifically where they are to go and what they are to do. Please be very clear in instructing a scholar on what they are to do.