April 11th, 2016
Monday April 11th Green -NO STAFF MEETING, 5th grade at Camp, Hager out Camp, Fire Department, Librarian Appreciation Week, Summatives due
Tuesday April 12th Blue - Campus walkthroughs (Smith, Holland, Clark) to observe Tier 1 Priorities, College Shirt Day, Smith out - Camp
Wednesday April 13th Purple Day 1- Windsuit Wednesday, LOL meeting 3:45
Thursday April 14 th Red 2-Good News Club, 4th grade Mock Math STAAR,
Friday April 15th Orange 3- 4th grade Austin Trip
Reminder: Please electronically Sign SUMMATIVES NO LATER THAN END OF THE DAY APRIL 11TH.
College Starts in Kinder
Last chance to nominate someone! You have until the end of the day on Monday.
- In November, concerns for lack of progress are communicated to the parents and shared during the collaborative conference.
- Results showing limited academic progress should be reflected both in progress reports and on the report card for the first and second six weeks.
- After MOY data is collected, parents are notified if retention is a possibility (keyword: possibility; final decisions will be made in a committee).
- Between January and March, continue to monitor progress through RtI process.
- In late April or early May, a campus designated committee composed of the campus administrator(s), the student’s teacher, and the student’s parent shall review relevant student information and make a final decision regarding promotion for any student considered for retention. The following data should be used by the campus designated committee for decisions on final retention.
· Light’s Retention Scale
· ISIP (if applicable)
· STAR Reading
· STAR Math
· Report card/Rubric
· Other classroom work
· Anecdotal notes
· EOY data-as appropriate
We will send out specifics about the retention committee as we get closer to May to make those final retention decisions. The most important thing when speaking to parents about retention is that it is a possibility, not a set-in-stone-done-deal.
If you are thinking about retaining a student, please complete this Google Form by April 29th: http://goo.gl/forms/7845EYptxE (I realize you do not have EOY data yet, so please include what you do have.)
EOY Writing Assessment
Please make sure that all EOY writing assessments are completed, scored, and entered into AWARE by April 20th.
"Getting to Know You: Mystery Person of the Week
* Born & Raised: Dallas County…. High-Schooled with Fighting Eagles
* Universitied with Aggies and Pioneers
* An exciting Event: Escorting orphans back from South Korea to US to be adopted; when I was 15
* Hobbies Include art, exercise & decorating
* Favorite Vacation: Maui, Hawaii ……….. Bucket list vacation(s): Greece & Bora Bora
* Most interesting person to have dinner with: ”Jesus Christ---for obvious reasons”
*What you like most about your team: “Everything!!!! My team rocks!!!!!”
* Favorite movies include: Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman & The Proposal
* Favorite food: Italian
* An embarrassing moment: “I bought new work/”teaching” shoes for my first week at JCB. TWICE IN THE SAME DAY I all out slipped and fell on my _ _ _ “ (You may fill in the blank with your own vocabulary)
* Memorable comment a child once said: “I like your Chinese tattoo!” (But I don’t have a tattoo--- She was referring to a birthmark on my foot!)
* Interesting tidbit: “I love modern art. I paint it, love to go to museums to see it, and have sold it!”
Email me your guess by noon tomorrow. The winning guesses will go in the drawing for a jeans pass!!
Get to Know your Colleagues!
Save the Date: Bea Luchin Academy Day 1 and Day 2 will be August 1st-2nd at the FAAC. 3rd day will be in September TBA.
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion