October 14, 2016
Some dance moves to practice prior to the dance party!
Fall weather is my favorite! I love making soups, chili, and enjoying a fire. If you have a favorite soup or crockpot recipe send it my way! I will be happy to trade one with you:)
Today is the last day to earn your 2nd golden owl to be invited to the dance party! I think we almost have the entire building that has reached the goal! There will be a different incentive for 2nd quarter TBD.
- If you have a professional learning day that requires you to need a sub please make sure you enter it as far in advance as possible. This helps us to get preferred subs and to make sure our jobs are filled.
- Fire station visitors will be here next week on Wednesday afternoon. The schedule is below. The schedule was created to try to avoid lunch, specials, and your recesses. Hopefully, that happened:)
- Report cards will be printed on the 20th. DRA and Lexile scores have been removed from report cards by the district. The district is providing a reading proficiency letter for you to give to parents. Letters are linked below.
- K-2 letter 3-5 letter
- Our end of quarter dance party will need to take place on Friday the 21st due to 4th and 5th being out at a field trip today.
- I encourage you to fill out the Friday Feedback form again this year. It is also on our Canvas page if you ever lose the link.
THE WEEK AT A GLANCE
RED RIBBON WEEK
Monday, Oct. 17
NO SCHOOL--I am giving you the full day for professional work time. You need to put in 7.5 hours--how you get that in is up to you.
Tuesday, Oct. 18 Pajama Day
4th grade walking field trip 12:45-3:15
Kdg Prep 6:00
Wednesday, Oct. 19 Hat Day
Future Owls 9
Fire station rotations--schedule is below
Bambino's night 4-8
Friday, Oct. 21 Favorite team day
I am out in the morning for a student behavior training
8:40-10:30 2nd grade walking field trip
9-10 Kdg Guest speaker
11-1 3rd grade field trip
End of quarter dance party--we will call for students around 3:10. We will dismiss from the gym.
Fire station schedule for the 19th
Rotation 1 is in the library. Rotation 2 is in the music room. The first name is in Rotation 1 and the second is in Rotation 2.
12:30-12:45 Williams Beatty
12:45-1:00 Beatty Williams
1:00-1:15 Wheeler Hopkins
1:15-1:30 Hopkins Wheeler
1:30-1:45 Fireshaker Vaughan
1:45-2:00 Vaughan Fireshaker
2:00-2:15 Walstrand Davidson
2:15-2:30 Davidson Walstrand
2:30-2:45 Montgomery Sullivan
2:45-3:00 Sullivan Montgomery
3:00-3:15 Henkle Kelley
3:15-3:30 Kelley Henkle
Check out the cool resources--good for all grade levels!
FOR EACH GRID ABOVE, WHICH ONE DOESN’T BELONG? (FROM JULIA VEATCH)
Is there more than one answer? Is there a way to justify each answer? Will it require conversation and reasoning to explain and justify? Hmmm…
Language-based classrooms filled with explorations and discussions about math concepts create opportunities for students to make sense of ideas and build a deeper understanding of skills and concepts. Consider Mathematical Practice Standard # 3 – “Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.”
The link below leads to a blog post by Christopher Danielson about the power of Ambiguity in math class. For a wealth of Which One Doesn’t Belong? thought provoking puzzles, check out wobd.ca and @trianglemancsd on Twitter or use the hashtag #wobd.