Gilbert Public School Golden Scholars Guidelines
Academic Night acknowledges and honors students in grades 4-12 who have achieved and maintained high academic standing during the first three quarters of the school year.
The following are Academic Night guidelines:
- A student must have received no more than one “B” in all core subject areas within the first three grading periods. All other grades must be “A’s”. Core subjects include: reading, language, math, science/health, and social studies.
- ALP students shall meet the same criteria as stated above, although ALP grade are weighted so that “B” equals an “A” for Academic Night.
- Students must have earned a grade of “E” or “S” in all self-management skills.
- Students must be working at or above grade level in all subject areas.
Congratulations to the following Golden Scholars students,
Sophia Reese Valentine
Michael Juliel Perez
Kindergarten Enrollment Ongoing
If you have a child that is turning 5 before September 1st, it is time to enroll for Kindergarten. Gilbert Public Schools enrollment is online for the 2021-2022 school year. Gilbertschools.net/ Kindergarten Registration Information
EARLY ENTRANCE SCREENING
To register for Early Entrance Screening please refer to the Registration Information noted below:
- The June 2021 Early Entrance Screenings will take place on June 30 and July 1, 2021. Registration for the June screenings opened on Monday, April 12th, 2021. All registrations must be submitted online by June 23rd.
- The July 2021 Early Entrance Screenings will take place on July 21 & 22, 2021 Registration for the July screenings will open on Monday, June 28th. All registrations must be submitted online by July 14th.
A non-refundable $90.00 fee will be collected at the time of registration, and may be paid using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card. Once registration is completed, confirmation will be sent via email indicating the date, appointment time, and location for your child’s screening.
Screening Registration is completed online via Community Education's online system Eleyo. Screening sessions are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
For information about our preschool programs visit: Preschool Programs
NURSE BRITTANY'S CORNER
Parents of incoming 6th Graders: Please expect a letter regarding the 11-year-old shots that are usually given the summer going into 6th grade. These letters are sent out the last week of school. There are 2 required vaccines, with a possible 3rd that is optional. Please reach out to Nurse Brittany if there are any questions or concerns, or if you think you will need community resources for immunizations.
(480) 926-6301 x1324
Please consider donating any clothing that you may be getting rid of over the summer to the Health Office. The office is in desperate need of girl clothing, mostly mid-range sizes 6-12. Leggings are always appreciated for their ease and stretch!
Also, the Health Office is asking for donations of liquid Children’s Tylenol or Ibuprofen. There are instances where students can be medicated in the health office with parental consent and the district only supplies the chewable. Some of the students have a harder time with this and prefer the liquid, which Nurse Brittany has been supplying.
Lastly, A BIG, GIANT THANK YOU to all the parents/guardians, grandparents, aunts and uncles! This year has been one to remember and it has taken our entire village to work together for the best of our children! Thank you for all of the cooperation, tolerance, and kindness from everyone this year. It is truly an honor to work at Val Vista Lakes and I am excited to see what next year will look like.
Have a great Summer and stay hydrated.
BOOK FAIR - MONDAY, MAY 10TH - FRIDAY, MAY 14TH
Val Vista Lakes Elementary is hosting a Scholastic Book Fair next week during school hours!!!
Monday, May 10th to Friday, May 14th
Evening hours: Monday only from 5:30 to 7pm
We are in need of more parent volunteers, please sign up if you can!
Check out the new books here!!
No cash? No problem!
Please email Mrs. Douglas with any questions. Thanks!
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF SERVICE
Val Vista Lakes Art Show
Click the link below and click on the grade level button to find individual art pieces. Thank you to Mrs. Phillips for putting together this wall of art!!