Monday Morning Message (1/11/2016)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! Last week was a great 1st week back. I had a very hard time sleeping Sunday night and Monday night. I guess I was very anxious to meet our new "boss" and to see our students again on Tuesday. Mr. Davis came by our campus one day last week and we had a very long walk around campus. There were several things that I learned from our walk and the conversations that happened. The first thing that I learned is that he is very focused on instruction and what is happening inside the classroom. He asked me about learning objectives, content objectives, warm ups, teacher conversations, student conversations, etc. I believe he will be very involved and very visible. I also believe that he was impressed by what he saw here at NMS. We went down every hall way and every pod. Every class that we visited was productive and students were buzzing with activity. I was especially proud that all of our students were able to answer the questions that he asked them. By the time our walk was over, I had a smile on my face. The smile was not because we "did good that day," it was because I know that we do well everyday! That is just how we roll here at NMS! I am grateful to work with such an awesome group of people! Here are some shout-outs from last week:
- 7th grade Social Studies – Starting US History Literacy Units and doing a fantastic job!
- Broussard & 7th Grade Team – Conducting Google Lit Trip with students on the historical fiction novel they're reading to build on students geography skills as they read.
- Ms. Shaw - 6th grade ELA took a collaborative group quiz reviewing persuasive techniques. Students worked as a team and they were excited about showing off what they remembered from last semester.
Reminders & Information
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
- Please welcome Cynthia Morales to the NMS family today. She officially starts today as our new lead custodian. Lisa has moved to the admin. building.
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!