Sequoia Middle School Registration
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 (Updated Information)
Calendar of Upcoming Dates
6th Grade Residency Verification: Monday, August 3rd - Thursday, August 6th 10am-1pm
6th Grade Drive-Thru Walk-Thru: Tuesday, August 11th 9am-11am, 12pm-3pm
7th Grade Drive-Thru Walk-Thru: Wednesday, August 12th 9am-11am, 12pm-3pm
8th Grade Drive-Thru Walk-Thru: Thursday, August 13th 9am-11am, 12pm-3pm
First Day of School: Monday, August 17th (Distance Learning)
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
6th Grade Residency Verification for ALL 6th Grade Students
- Sequoia office staff will continue to verify proof of residency starting Monday, August 3rd - Thursday, August 6th 10am-1pm
- Physical distancing of 6 feet required
- Parents/guardians must wear a face covering
- Please bring your own pen and the needed documentation listed below.
Must provide the following documentation:
Parent/Guardian Picture ID ONE of the following:
- Current California State Driver’s License
- Current California ID Card
- Valid Passport or Consulate- Issued Picture ID
- Statement of Residence
- Military ID
AND TWO from the following:
- Current valid vehicle registration
- State or Federal Tax Return (computerized or copy of original) filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached. Business returns do not meet residency requirements.
- Current voter registration receipt
- Other forms of identification or communication from a government agency
- Property Tax Bill with parents name and property address indicating home owner’s exemption
- Rental/Lease Agreement with parent’s name, student’s name and address, as well as manager or owner’s name and phone number (verification required)
- Payroll stubs/checks.
*Utility (PG&E, water, etc.) P. O. Box, telephone bills, or deeds are NOT VALID residency verification documents.
If you have questions please call our office, 925-934-8174.
Drive-Thru Walk-Thru Information
- All student information must be current: parent/guardian contact information, medical information, and emergency contacts. This is completed in your HomeLink AERIES account: mdusd.org/homelink Please update and complete the Data Verification prior to Walk-Thru.
- In order to help us maintain a safe and efficient drive-thru walk-thru process, please complete the following documents attached prior to drive-thru walk-thru and bring with you on your assigned date:
- Distance Learning Student Conduct & Expectations Form
- MDUSD Responsible Use Policy Form
- Chromebook Check-Out Form (only if a student device is needed for home use)
- Textbooks, student agendas, and other class-specific materials will be handed out
- WEB Store opens Wednesday, August, 5th: https://sms.myschoolcentral.com
- Elective donations are greatly appreciated for the various electives students are taking as we will be passing out consumable materials for students to use at home.
- All incoming 7th Graders must have proof of updated immunizations (See below for details)
- If you have more than one child in different grades, choose one walk-thru date and come together.
Important Handouts for Successful Registration (Also available on SMS website)
See below for the following attachments:
- Registration To Do List (Informational and Important)
- 6th Grade Residency Verification (Mandatory for all 6th Graders)
- 2020 -2021 Online Registration Instructions (Helpful)
- How to use the "Web Store" to Pay Online and In Advance (Informational)
- Escrip (English/Spanish)
- Chromebook Checkout Permission Form (English/Spanish)
- Distance Learning Student Conduct and Expectations
- MDUSD Responsibility Use Policy Form
Updated Immunization Guidelines for 2020-2021 (7th Grade Only)
The immunization regulations have changed starting July 1, 2019. Students advancing to 7th grade will need to show proof of
· the standard required immunizations for school
· and 1 dose of Tdap (booster for tetanus; diphtheria; and pertussis, also called whooping cough), given on or after the 7th birthday,
· and 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox), both doses given after 12 months of age, or healthcare provider verified “had disease”.
Please email immunization documentation to email@example.com or bring a copy to turn in during our drive-thru walk-thru. Thank you!
Text Messaging coming to MDUSD [NEW]
Our district-wide school messenger service is expanding to now include text messages. If you would like to receive text messages please text 'Y' or 'YES' to 67587. This is a great way to ensure you are receiving the most up to date information from Sequoia Middle. For more information, a flyer can be found here (for Espanol, click here). If you would not like to receive text messages there are instructions on how to opt-out.