February 18-28, 2013
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
During the next two weeks our theme will be the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. We will focus on the sequence of the story and comprehension of the beginning, middle and end of the story. We will use the story to address other skills like letter recognition, social/emotional skills (helping others and feelings) and number concepts as we see how many coconuts are in the book.
Ready to learn and play!
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
Our theme for the two weeks will focus around this book.
We had a great time sharing valentines. The children were very excited!
- Capitol and lowercase letter recognition
- Letter and shape writing approximations.
- Turn-taking/waiting your turn
- Print awareness
- Counting objects-demonstrating one-one correspondence.
- Labeling numbers 1-10.
- Understanding number concepts of some, none, all and more/less.8. Demonstrating comprehension of story being read. Maintaining topic of conversation while making comments.
- Please send pictures to school of objects that begin with letters Uu and Vv. Emphasize the sound the letter makes.
- Practice recognizing letters in print. Have children circle a particular letter when looking at an ad, catalog or magazine. Emphasize capitol and lowercase letters.
- Go on a letter search in your home. Hide letters in your home and have the children help you find them or search for letters that may be on things around your home, like the refrigerator, on food packaging, magazines and books you have around the house.
- Which number is bigger, which is smaller? Who has more? Who has less? Give each person a set of number cards. As you turn them over decide who has the bigger or smaller number. You can also play with a particular set of objects like Legos. As you play discuss who has more or less as you build.
All smiles at the valentine's day party!
Continue to practice labeling capitol and lowercase letters in and out of order.
I liked all my valentines!
- Wednesday, 2/20 is our Parent Night with Scott Long, comedian and parent of a child with Autism. Please call Missy Cox, Early Childhood Secretary at Brooks School Elementary to RSVP. The phone number is 915-4256. Childcare is provided.
- Wednesday, 2/27 is a Late Start Day. There will be no PM Class. AM Class will attend in the afternoon.