Active Learning & Motivation
Types of Learning Environments
· Competitive: Use when specific skills are needed or to motivate students, but not recommended!
· Individualistic: Use when time is important or teaching gifted or lower-achieving students a special skill.
· Cooperative: Use when you want students to learn more and learn effective social skills.
- Direct Instruction models
- Indirect Instruction Models- teacher works with the students
- Concept Attainment
- Reciprocal Teaching
- Discussion (Whole Class)
- Directed Reading/Thinking Activity
- Think, Pair, Share
- Cooperative Learning Models- students work together
- Student Teams Achievement Division
- Teams-Games Tournament
- Teams-Assisted Individualization